TF330 NVram issue

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF330 NVram issue

Post by terriblefire »

I have toyed with the idea of a replacement nonvolatile.library that uses hard disk if present.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
bigmacdaddy

Post by bigmacdaddy »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:02 pm I have toyed with the idea of a replacement nonvolatile.library that uses hard disk if present.
That would be great if it were possible, although I appreciate probably a lot of effort! I had a play around with the NV_LOCATION trick mentioned up-thread to see if I could get it working with the CF card but failed, I guess maybe that only works with games launched from Workbench rather than via the native CD32 launcher/ROM?
As a newcomer to the world of expanded CD32 hardware I'm loving this thing so far in any case, the performance increase in Elite 2 and the patched Wing Commander disc are worth it on their own! Just need to be able to save in them now :lol:
bigmacdaddy

Post by bigmacdaddy »

Just a quick note to say that I've now got this working, massive thanks to Supaduper for his endless patience in walking me through what was needed :lol:
Looking forward to spending some time reliving my youth now, thanks again for your help and also to Terriblefire for creating this outstanding device :thumbup:

Return to “TF330”