68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

markus0321

Re: TF1230 Beta Interest (Open Source)

Post by markus0321 »

supaduper wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:26 pm
markus0321 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Boot without startup-sequence from DF0 drive:
Load module devs: ehide.device => system reboots without messages and reloads from floppy but ehide.device is not loaded in memory and no partitions mounted in system are visible.
I set up the partition with a small 200mb for testing and it will start normally in the controller from the motherboard. I have kickstart 3.1 but I have OS 3.2 installed.
So I just installed 3.2 roms and ehide.device and yes I get the same fault no boot, this is defo software problem, will have a look later
Unfortunately, not everything works well after uploading ehide to the kicksart. :-(
I had some stability problems when I stopped using MuFastrom. It looks like ehide.device needs to be in FAST memory. as it is in ROM it behaves unstable at times.
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

I have had no issues with 31 custom ROMs with the eide.device added to the ROM
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

markus0321 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:12 am Unfortunately, not everything works well after uploading ehide to the kicksart. :-(
I had some stability problems when I stopped using MuFastrom. It looks like ehide.device needs to be in FAST memory. as it is in ROM it behaves unstable at times.
This is not the case. ehide.device will work faster in fastmem but many people have reported it works fine in the kickstart. I would suggest you probably have other issues that get hidden when the device runs in Fastram.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

I have just put the ehide.device in a custom 3.1 rom and it works fine,

Just to add I took out the Workbench library and shoved it in the Libs on the System/Libs folder and put the ehide.device second from last in the build list in Remus before compiling
culexus

Post by culexus »

Anyone got a guide on how to add the ehide to my 3.1.4/3.2 rom? I was unsucsessfull to split my 3.1.4 rom with romsplit and then I can not get trough the remus to add the ehide. :) im no good at software stuff yet.
markus0321

Post by markus0321 »

supaduper wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:15 pm I have just put the ehide.device in a custom 3.1 rom and it works fine,

Just to add I took out the Workbench library and shoved it in the Libs on the System/Libs folder and put the ehide.device second from last in the build list in Remus before compiling
I'll do the same as you do on and see if it works without MuFastROM. These errors that I have when there is no "FastROM" causes the system to freeze and occur at times when I do disk speed tests. I tried with different CF cards and I will try to check it with real 2.5 inch hard drives.
I will also check it in a configuration with another Amiga motherboard.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

culexus wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:09 pm Anyone got a guide on how to add the ehide to my 3.1.4/3.2 rom? I was unsucsessfull to split my 3.1.4 rom with romsplit and then I can not get trough the remus to add the ehide. :) im no good at software stuff yet.
I have just put ehide.device into the 3.2 rom and it works too, the good news is that you do not have to remove any modules as there is enough bytes left for it to take the ehide module :), I also put it at the bottom of the build list then compiled it.

1. Grab your 3.2 rom file from either your OS 3.2 disk or use `transrom` to grab it from your Amiga
2 Start Romsplit ( Ver 1.29) and pick your grabbed 3.2 file and click extract, then save the extracted modules to a folder of your choice.
3. Start Remus , leave the default settings as they are, click on the `Rom Contents` tab then on the right window find and load the 3.2 modules you just saved.
4. using your mouse click and select all the modules and drag them all to the left Build window.
5. Now back to the right window and search for the ehide.device
6. Now drag the ehide.device into the left window, make sure you put it at the bottom of the Build list.
7, Go to the top of the Remus window and in the first dropdown select `Compile`, it will say done in the Build window if successful.

8. So you now have a 512k custom rom, test it in Winuae to see it works. if yes then you are ready to process it for burning to Two eproms
9. using a program like `Epromhexxer` or cartman you need to Spilt the file into two files so `Split Word`( wordwise) will then give you two 256k files ( LO- HI ),you then need to Concatenate both files, basically this means `Double` each file so it is 512k, so select each 256k file and concatenate it to 512k.

10, you now have two 512k files,so all you need to do now is `Byteswap` each file so they can be flashed onto two eproms and used in a real Amiga.

** NOTE
This guide is for rom 3.2, if you are doing a custom 3.1 then `REMOVE` the Workbench.library from the build List, make sure that you then manually replace the Workbench.library back into Libs on the System disk otherwise it will not work

Download Workbench Library here:
http://www.amigaforever.com/classic/download/
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

Lads did you check this card with mediator ?
I got report from two lads not working correctly
Any one cam confirm this please
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

Very nice tutorial @supaduper, if you wish to keep the workbench.library on the ROM in 31 this can be achieved by using the extended ROM method on a A1200.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
ICRY

Post by ICRY »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 pm
ICRY wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:18 pm Hello all

Good evening my build of the the TF1230, gone smoothly 68030 shows up, just one odd thing the ram is a no show, in workbench or Amiga test kit, checked my soldering looks good, any pointers there might be a bad joint...that I've missed, or I am best test with 3.1 roms, & sorry if has been covered before

A1200 rev 1b
Kickstart 3.0
Cpld flash with tf1230r1_2021_09_14_RC1
Read up... Kick 3.0 not supported. Try 3.1+
Thank you slapping 3.1 in did the trick, my rev1b booted in to life with 64mb no timing fixes, plus 1200ide side working & boy I am reading up should know better until next time ;) & thanks once again!!

Return to “TF330”