TF1230 Beta Interest (Open Source)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1230 Beta Interest (Open Source)

Post by alenppc »

chucky wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:04 pm Just a friednly reminder: I have tested the 1230 . on reamigas it seems to work fine. on original it have been very random.
I GUESS (not checked. just a guess) that it is needed to do the "timing fix" as this is done on all reamigas.
It's not the timing fix... my A1200s are timing fixed but the 1230 doesn't work on them.
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

I'll see I ordered pcb (black)
In home I have reamiga and I one board 2D
so when I get boards straight away I solder one board
Then I'll see
I give report as well straight away
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

If the Tf1230 works well and the reamiga 1200 and this board has probably only one change that is not on the original board, I mean PCMCIA FIX
Maybe someone with the card could check it on the original Amiga 1200 board with PCMCIA Fix?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

It will be possible to fix this to work on 1200s that dont work... its just i havent got a failing case here. All three of my A1200 mobos work fine.

I need to grab my A1200 Tower back from @Daedalus
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

Ordering parts is just a PIA ATM,
managed to get all of them except the memory, I have a spare 536 that is not in use so I will recycle the memory from there. I read previously that 330 / 536 memory should be fine, so will fit the recycled MT48LC16M16A2P-6A_G and see how it
goes. Now all I need to do is order the PCBs :lol:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Performance numbers for the TF1230.... Not yet got the burst mode sorted ..
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (63.54 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
So the TF1230 can be preassembled... has 8 user soldered components needed and the bom add up is about £40 minus CPU.

Not bad for a "not well made card"
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
centuriontech

Post by centuriontech »

Hi, I have gave a look at the design files and found out there is some room for improvements. Thus I took a chance and re-routed some portions of the board. This resulted in:
  • track-track spacing enlarged to at least 9.5mil everywhere to aid PCB mfg process, it should also help signal purity
  • cumulative tracks length smaller by about 20%. less vias too.
  • shorten and isolated clock signal tracks, esp. 100M one
  • got memories closer to CPLD
  • cut PCB length by about 10mm to save some pennies
  • changed 0603 SMDs to 0805 to aid self-assemblers
Of course this is yet to be tested and it's gonna happen as soon as I find some time (too much on my plate) and I plan to publish the files when I do, but at the moment I am unsure of the license. What is your recommendation here, OP?

Regards, Pavel
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

centuriontech wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:57 am Hi, I have gave a look at the design files and found out there is some room for improvements. Thus I took a chance and re-routed some portions of the board. This resulted in:
  • track-track spacing enlarged to at least 9.5mil everywhere to aid PCB mfg process, it should also help signal purity
  • cumulative tracks length smaller by about 20%. less vias too.
  • shorten and isolated clock signal tracks, esp. 100M one
  • got memories closer to CPLD
  • cut PCB length by about 10mm to save some pennies
  • changed 0603 SMDs to 0805 to aid self-assemblers
Of course this is yet to be tested and it's gonna happen as soon as I find some time (too much on my plate) and I plan to publish the files when I do, but at the moment I am unsure of the license. What is your recommendation here, OP?

Regards, Pavel
The license is its mine... you may not distribute changes. I am protective of my art.

I really dont recommend changing the SDRAM traces.. Some have tried and its caused issues.

9.5 mil is a ridiculously large spacing. JLCPCB do 5. The board is 7.

People screwing with my designs is why i dont like to open source... In short i dont like your "improvements" They suck.

EDIT: Have now decided to not OS other designs in the pipeline. I made design decisions then people reverse them.... grrr
———
chucky

Post by chucky »

9.5mil? wow that is huge? what does your fab use for film above? a sharpie?

reamiga uses 5/5 tolerance. 0.15mm traces.. 0.3mm vias. :)

and if I do an revised reamiga. I will go to 0603 maybe even 0402. as 0805 are freaking huge...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

chucky wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:44 am 9.5mil? wow that is huge? what does your fab use for film above? a sharpie?

reamiga uses 5/5 tolerance. 0.15mm traces.. 0.3mm vias. :)

and if I do an revised reamiga. I will go to 0603 maybe even 0402. as 0805 are freaking huge...
Exactly.. How about we get the beta working before "improving" things. I'm absolutely fine with people making a change to suit their own boardhouse etc.. But i do NOT want to deal with someone else having issues with your version of the board.... So if you make a change keep it to yourself. When the builders start building them they give me feedback on whats tricky to solder etc and i make that change.

There are like 8 hand soldered parts on that board..
———

Return to “TF330”