culexus wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:09 pm
Anyone got a guide on how to add the ehide to my 3.1.4/3.2 rom? I was unsucsessfull to split my 3.1.4 rom with romsplit and then I can not get trough the remus to add the ehide.
im no good at software stuff yet.
I have just put ehide.device into the 3.2 rom and it works too, the good news is that you do not have to remove any modules as there is enough bytes left for it to take the ehide module
, I also put it at the bottom of the build list then compiled it.
1. Grab your 3.2 rom file from either your OS 3.2 disk or use `transrom` to grab it from your Amiga
2 Start Romsplit ( Ver 1.29) and pick your grabbed 3.2 file and click extract, then save the extracted modules to a folder of your choice.
3. Start Remus , leave the default settings as they are, click on the `Rom Contents` tab then on the right window find and load the 3.2 modules you just saved.
4. using your mouse click and select all the modules and drag them all to the left Build window.
5. Now back to the right window and search for the ehide.device
6. Now drag the ehide.device into the left window, make sure you put it at the bottom of the Build list.
7, Go to the top of the Remus window and in the first dropdown select `Compile`, it will say done in the Build window if successful.
8. So you now have a 512k custom rom, test it in Winuae to see it works. if yes then you are ready to process it for burning to Two eproms
9. using a program like `Epromhexxer` or cartman you need to Spilt the file into two files so `Split Word`( wordwise) will then give you two 256k files ( LO- HI ),you then need to Concatenate both files, basically this means `Double` each file so it is 512k, so select each 256k file and concatenate it to 512k.
10, you now have two 512k files,so all you need to do now is `Byteswap` each file so they can be flashed onto two eproms and used in a real Amiga.
This guide is for rom 3.2, if you are doing a custom 3.1 then `REMOVE` the Workbench.library from the build List, make sure that you then manually replace the Workbench.library back into Libs on the System disk otherwise it will not work
Download Workbench Library here: