ST-IDE-ROM Dev Board v1 - BETA Testers

Related information and WIP etc
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ST-IDE-ROM Dev Board v1 - BETA Testers

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:30 pm I'm confused Icky. You have the jumper going to pin 5 of the sip. If you check with an meter pin 27 of the IDE connector goes to pin 6 of the sip through a hundred owns. Pin 1 of the sip which is power is on the top of the picture. Pin 6 is the one with the trace cut to the right of the pin 6???
PaulJ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 pm Its pin 5 counted from either end of the sip.
I think I see your confusion PaulJ. I think you may of seen an issue with my patch.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Icky wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:00 am
PaulJ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:30 pm I'm confused Icky. You have the jumper going to pin 5 of the sip. If you check with an meter pin 27 of the IDE connector goes to pin 6 of the sip through a hundred owns. Pin 1 of the sip which is power is on the top of the picture. Pin 6 is the one with the trace cut to the right of the pin 6???
PaulJ wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 pm Its pin 5 counted from either end of the sip.
I think I see your confusion PaulJ. I think you may of seen an issue with my patch.
Well done PaulJ for finding the first bug on the DEV board. I have the patch of the IORDY line on the wrong pin of the SIL Resistor.

The IORDY line should be patched one pin down to Pin 6 of the SIL Resistor. See fixed image of patch below. I will update the original Patch image.

IMG_3735.jpg
IMG_3735.jpg (325.76 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Yes, either the new schematic is wrong or your patch. Get some sleep, must be mid night there. I'll look at it some more but here's the issue. New schematic shows IORDY coming in on IDE pin 27 goes through R7 an 100 ohm resister, to pin 6 of RN4, then to pin 64 of the plcc. You have PLCC pin 64 jumper to pin 5 of RN4. Has to be because its pin 5 no matter which end you start from. :) So according to the schematics you IORDY from the PLCC connected to TMS which also connects to PLCC pin 23... So get some sleep.. go to work.. :) and I'll connect with ya tomorrow. :) :) :) :) I'll see what I can figure out. :) :) :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 am The IORDY line should be patched one pin down to Pin 6 of the SIL Resistor. See fixed image of patch below. I will update the original Patch image.
Ah so, TMS was shorting to IORDY then ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 am
Icky wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 am The IORDY line should be patched one pin down to Pin 6 of the SIL Resistor. See fixed image of patch below. I will update the original Patch image.
Correct- Good spot by PaulJ.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:21 am
exxos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 am

Correct- Good spot by PaulJ.
ah :lol: I guess it never became a issue as the CF & JTAG wouldn't ever be going at the same time.. just goes to show how something can be wrong and still work fine :lol:

@PaulJ - good find! and yes is 00:25 here.. only the hardcore people are still online 8-) Right I'm off then! :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 am

Well done PaulJ for finding the first bug on the DEV board. I have the patch of the IORDY line on the wrong pin of the SIL Resistor.

The IORDY line should be patched one pin down to Pin 6 of the SIL Resistor. See fixed image of patch below. I will update the original Patch image.

IMG_3735.jpg
Ahh, that looks more like what I expect.. I still don't work but it makes sense now. :) :) :)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:26 am
Icky wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 am

IMG_3735.jpg
Ahh, that looks more like what I expect.. I still don't work but it makes sense now. :) :) :)
MOD#1 Photo instructions updated for correct patch. Need to go and check latest version of schematic etc that this is all correct for when we do the next version.

Thanks PaulJ. This is why we need BETA Testers
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Will re patch mine as soon as I can, good work guys.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

This came today...

I somehow think there is a "icky sticker invasion" going on somewhere...

1.jpg
1.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 2938 times

Return to “H4 MONGREL EDITION DEVELOPMENT & INFO”