H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Related information and WIP etc
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10876
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/exxosuk
Contact:

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by exxos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:52 am

Icky wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:46 am
Still no more suggestions as to what it is. It's pretty big on the board you cant really miss it :)
Easier to see on the netlist PCB images in the first post I think.

I think all the remake people are sleeping...
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

User avatar
PaulJ
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 am
Location: USA

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by PaulJ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:57 pm

What is that chip below the 68901? Its a add-on from the remake?

User avatar
PaulJ
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 am
Location: USA

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by PaulJ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:01 pm

I don't recall plcc replacement for 68901.. Maybe the VGA video out?

User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10876
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/exxosuk
Contact:

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by exxos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:06 pm

PaulJ wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:57 pm
What is that chip below the 68901? Its a add-on from the remake?

yeah a 68901 PLCC. I got a huge bag of them and nothing to test them on, and there was room on the MB, so added it :)
PaulJ wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:01 pm
Maybe the VGA video out?
:bravo:
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

User avatar
PaulJ
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 am
Location: USA

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by PaulJ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:10 pm

exxos wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:06 pm
PaulJ wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:57 pm
What is that chip below the 68901? Its a add-on from the remake?

yeah a 68901 PLCC. I got a huge bag of them and nothing to test them on, and there was room on the MB, so added it :)
PaulJ wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:01 pm
Maybe the VGA video out?
:bravo:
Ya there's a lot of nice new features on this board. :excited:

User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3072
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by PhilC » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:12 pm

With all these new features we are going to need a new case!
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10876
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/exxosuk
Contact:

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by exxos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:13 pm

PhilC wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:12 pm
With all these new features we are going to need a new case!
Now there's a idea...
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10876
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/exxosuk
Contact:

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by exxos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:15 pm

PaulJ wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:10 pm
Ya there's a lot of nice new features on this board. :excited:
Did you notice the original RGB connector is also there ? I didn't want to remove it.. its still in its normal place. Though the VGA is "in front" of it. It may well stick out a bit beyond the case, but better than not being there at all :)
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

User avatar
PaulJ
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 am
Location: USA

Re: H2C SCHEMATIC 19-07-2019

Post by PaulJ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:52 pm

exxos wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:15 pm
PaulJ wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:10 pm
Ya there's a lot of nice new features on this board. :excited:
Did you notice the original RGB connector is also there ? I didn't want to remove it.. its still in its normal place. Though the VGA is "in front" of it. It may well stick out a bit beyond the case, but better than not being there at all :)
No I didn't... that's kind cool. if you use RGB connector and have a cable that's just a plug as the best cable it just inserts in the hole a little further. When I bought one of my ST's initially it came with a best cable. It works ok but is a little pricy. :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Return to “MONGREL EDITION DEVELOPMENT & INFO”