exxos IDE interface (untested)

Related information and WIP etc
PaulJ

Re: exxos IDE interface (untested)

Post by PaulJ »

Realize that Exxos, it may never see the light of day either but if it does it would nice if you could offer a few as parts. Its a little late to say something if they all get put together.

Not to change the subject but do you still have any plans for the rev H Exxos atari board which you ask for interested parties in dec/jan. It was a respin of the current board with fixes, connector alignment, and some minor upgrades before you moved on to the new major upgrade board.. just querious. :) :) :)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

While I'm here Exxos I just wanted to thank you again for the eagle tutorials. They really helped bootstrap into using eagle. Should be getting my first board made soon. Thanks again. :D :D
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:39 pm Not to change the subject but do you still have any plans for the rev H Exxos atari board which you ask for interested parties in dec/jan. It was a respin of the current board with fixes, connector alignment, and some minor upgrades before you moved on to the new major upgrade board.. just querious. :) :) :)
Basically just haven't got time to work on it at the moment.. Trying to catch up on a million other projects first like the SEC booster etc, but I haven't had time to even work on that the past couple of weeks, and yet I'm spending all day every day at the moment doing Atari projects.. I pretty much got like two years behind with everything because I got flooded with motherboard repairs etc So trying to catch up with everything now.. At the moment I am trying to get stocks back up in my store as I won't have time later in the year due to work..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:53 pm Basically just haven't got time to work on it at the moment..
Only Exxos can set Exxos's priorities. Thanks for the update Exxos. :) :) :)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

And now it begins. Soldering past midnight is not advisable.

IMG_3585.jpg
IMG_3585.jpg (195.22 KiB) Viewed 3529 times

And we continue tomorrow....
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:41 am And now it begins. Soldering past midnight is not advisable
There speaks wise words :lol: and I raise you with not designing PCBs past midnight.

:thumbup:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Just consider it practice for the rev G board none of us are getting any sleep that week.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:15 am Just consider it practice for the rev G board none of us are getting any sleep that week.
Need to get caffeine in for that week. Just checked what I soldered last night and I missed a few pins :oops:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Welcome to my world. Sometimes it should be more Forgottentosolderit rather than forgottenmyname.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Well that's the board soldered. Of course will need to look for bad solder joints as am bound to have some. I also seem to have an obsession with turned Dil sockets. I prefer them to the standard ones.

Have spotted a few tweaks for the next board after we get this one up and running.

Now onto the firmware.

IMG_3587.jpg
IMG_3587.jpg (169.45 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

Return to “H4 MONGREL EDITION DEVELOPMENT & INFO”