8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 68060 Required Software

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Well, i might be wrong, but for plain 060 You need to install only
mmuLib - this includes all You need:
http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MMULib
i've also red about problems using EC & LC CPUs, since some programs will run unstable..
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:31 pm Well, i might be wrong, but for plain 060 You need to install only
mmuLib - this includes all You need:
http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MMULib
i've also red about problems using EC & LC CPUs, since some programs will run unstable..
I tried these libraries and the machine hangs in the routine posted above. If i just put a 68060.library over the 68040.library i get it to boot but no software works.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Do You have a full CPU or LC's only? maybe that's the problem?
You definitely need mmu.library & 68060.library

Copy-Paste:

Installation of MMULib package is not trivial. Please read the accompanying documentation carefully.

Please remember that:

MMULib provides both the mmu.library and CPU-specific libraries. For proper operation, correct CPU libraries shipped with MMULib should be installed. If you own a 68060 based CPU board, on AmigaOS3.1 a dummy 68040.library needs to be installed, along with 68060.library from MMULib package. AmigaOS3.9 setpatch only requires a valid 68060.library.
It is recommended that you use the 68060.library included in the MMULib
After installing the package it is absolutely necessary to generate a MMU-Configuration valid for your system if you have a Phase 5 accelerator (CSMK3 or CSPPC are absolutely required when using the MMUlib 68060.library). Copying this file from someone else's system is not the correct solution. MMULib ships an ARexx script in the MMUlib/Install directory (BuildMMUConfig.rexx) which can build this file. It is recommended that you do this while all Sonnet memory is currently mapped. If you install the MMULib once to set the system up before the Sonnet is initialized, you may need to run it again to create an (MMU-Configuration) file which configures all of your memory properly. Execute the ARexx script with: (rx BuildMMUConfig.rexx ENVARC:MMU-Configuration) This will create the file in ENVARC: which will be in ENV: on reboot.
Zorro space used by the Sonnet needs to be marked as CacheInhibit. If it isn't, it will not work correctly.
When you run the installer it will ask you if you want to install the 680x0 libraries, it is recommended that you say yes, and it will ask you if you want to replace any "MMU Hacks" with versions contained in the distribution, say yes to this as well.
After the install is completed you may want to keep the extracted installation directory around to use the Tools included in the MMULibrary which are not installed by default. MuScan, Muforce, etc.

So basically You need a working 3.9 Workbench install, then throw mmu.libray in Libs, and check if 68060.library is present... :?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I have LC/EC/Full rev 6 revisions of the CPU. It makes no difference which I install. Behaviour is the same.

The memory map is a standard amiga identical to the TF330. I have caches off for everything except fast ram. I guess i dont understand the 060 software wise at all.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

is it 3.1 Workbench or 3.9?
Please try 3.9 (copy mmu.library and 68060.library in Libs) this should work
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Its the stock CD32 Rom. Nothing else is available.
———
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:03 pm Its the stock CD32 Rom. Nothing else is available.
as about KS 3.1 - its ok, it will soft reboot and load KS3.9 just like TF534 does if You load WB 3.9

well, i've asked Thor about 3.1.4 for CD32 while ago, he said i can try burn A1200 KS for it and try to run in CD32,
but it's not quaranteed it will work, they just missing any documentation about CD32, hence not available.

will try to burn one 3.1.4 and report, maybe it will work, who knows...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I really dont want to go down this road. The target is 3.1. I simply dont even use anything else. I will look at the memory map stuff.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I wonder if I need to do some MMU setup in the boot Rom to cache inhibit parts of the address space. Perhaps this would help the Tf330 too.
———
utri007

Post by utri007 »

If you are using 3.1 version of setpatch, you will need dummy 68040.library, as it doesn't understand what is 68060.library.

Basicly new enough version of setpatch command helps a lot.

MMU libraries would be good choice as they are still supported and they (at least should) work with any accelerator.

You need to install at least two libraries mmu.library and 68060.library, if your setpacth is old, you will need a dummy 68040.library.

Would this help - >

http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/SetPatch_43.6b

I have no idee, I have used OS3.9 since they were released.

Return to “TF360”