TF360 Status

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF360 Status

Post by alenppc »

Yes I have noticed that with rev1 cpu the voltage oscillates a lot more than with the rev6, it frequently drops below 3.1V.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:00 pm Yes I have noticed that with rev1 cpu the voltage oscillates a lot more than with the rev6, it frequently drops below 3.1V.
Your TF360 is the only one not using the TBTorro power supply. Maybe that is part of it?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Understood.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Higgy wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:53 pm Nice to see there is a cool reg solution for the 3.3v. No more burger cooking hot, or was that the CPU :lol:

I hope you guys are writing down what WhichAmiga says the CPU's are rather than what's printed on them. Would be interesting to know if any 'reprints' are found and what they look like. As I previously mentioned, Motorola/ Feescale chips look to have 3 different types of print. Reprints all seem to use same type of print and the surface looks too pristine (like it's umm had the original surface ground/removed!!).
Thats probably a completely separate topic... if not forum :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I assume you guys saw my page on it... https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/last/ ... /index.htm

But you cannot tell by print anymore. I've had batches of 060's with exactly the same print on them, and some REV1 , some REV6. Only way to know for sure is to boot them up and check what it reports back in hardware.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I dropped back to the original TF360 firmware, as I realized that the one with the speedier IDE was a bit more unstable than the previous one (and also it wouldn't run at 50 mhz). This is probably no longer relevant since the rev1 PCB, but I just thought I'd mention it, in case it can help Stephen with rev1 debugging.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Chucky had the Faster IDE running at A34 for a whole day. This was at 66mhz mind. I’ve not found a CPU that would run at 66mhz yet.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Hows this for a dilema...

2 vias or swap the pin assignments and break firmware compatibility...
dilem.JPG
dilem.JPG (73.53 KiB) Viewed 3821 times
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Stuck in bed with a nasty cold... Finished the TF360r2...
top.jpg
top.jpg (84.3 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
down.jpg
down.jpg (78.8 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
Almost all passives are on the bottom. I'm going to do a run of 10 on this one and see what gives.

Anyone got any idea how to extend the clockport?
———
go0se

Post by go0se »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:52 pm Hows this for a dilema...

2 vias or swap the pin assignments and break firmware compatibility...
What was the decision? I would have swapped the pins and broken compatibility! :) It's only Chucky, alenppc and supaduper after all ... :lol:

Return to “TF360”