Re: TF360 Status

Post by supaduper »

my bad System/Tools
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Cool. It makes no difference changing that on other partitions. I also noticed DH2 has the same max transfer. Something else is the reason.

Anways I think 3.5Mb/s is probably ok for the CD32.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I might get a chance to test this in day or two. I’m alone with kids tomorrow after work so probably won’t be able to do much.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:38 pm Cool. It makes no difference changing that on other partitions. I also noticed DH2 has the same max transfer. Something else is the reason.

This was reported on TF534 cards with china CF adapter...
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:38 pm Cool. It makes no difference changing that on other partitions. I also noticed DH2 has the same max transfer. Something else is the reason.

This was reported on TF534 cards with china CF adapter...Something weird is going on there, never had that issue on TF530's...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =40#p23896
This is something that i can't explain atm how passive part can affect it but here we at.. Some CF readers doesn't work at all until You remove diodes..
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:20 am This was reported on TF534 cards with china CF adapter...Something weird is going on there, never had that issue on TF530's...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =40#p23896
This is something that i can't explain atm how passive part can affect it but here we at.. Some CF readers doesn't work at all until You remove diodes..
A diode is NOT a passive component. Its a PN junction with voltage of 0.6v to 0.8v depending on the substrate and doping levels. It could pull the power rail down by that much.

There is no signal level difference between the TF530, TF328, TF534 & TF330 at the IDE interface. They all use the same code from ata.v.

The TF328 runs slower at 14Mhz because there isnt a faster clock to run at. The others run at the CPU clock speed.

The TF360 is buffered in the sense that all signals to and from the CPU go through a CPLD. The buffer is a 3.3V buffer though. I needed this to stop a 5V IDE interface destroying the SDRAM.

One experiment to try is to use the latest 530 build from the 534 repo. Its a backport. If the problem doesnt exist there then its nothing to do with the TF hardware. The hardware is the same just the physical pins are smaller.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Well, maybe it is one of the famous Sysinfo bugs, who knows. Its not as good as some people tend to think..

Just share my experience.. also that fact that once muFASTROM is installed ide decelerates to 700kb/s on some CF adapters is mystery to me.. Maybe this has something to do with CF itself, really don't know..
switched to SD to IDE atm and that issue is gone, these cost You 5x more though but allow to use sd extension so we have a possibility to use them on A2000 with long cables. Also TF330 works nice with them and doesn't need to be opened each time to swap card...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 am Well, maybe it is one of the famous Sysinfo bugs, who knows. Its not as good as some people tend to think..

Just share my experience.. also that fact that once muFASTROM is installed ide decelerates to 700kb/s on some CF adapters is mystery to me.. Maybe this has something to do with CF itself, really don't know..
switched to SD to IDE atm and that issue is gone, these cost You 5x more though but allow to use sd extension so we have a possibility to use them on A2000 with long cables. Also TF330 works nice with them and doesn't need to be opened each time to swap card...
Electrically there is no explanation for this.
———
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

These are just numbers shown in sysinfo, same that 0MB on TF330 are shown yet ram is present..

Return to “TF360”