TF360 Rev 1 Arrives

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF360 Rev 1 Arrives

Post by terriblefire »

Its booting to DiagROM but kinda unreliably. Mind you it has no caps on at all at the moment.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Grim reality is that I am a single parent for the next 4 weekends :( can’t see me getting much work done on the TF360 r1

I may start on the TF1260
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:06 pm ..I may start on the TF1260
Wow! That's good news, ideed!!!
Something, that a lot of Amiga users are waiting on! :P :P :P
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Definitely biggest group of potential buyers.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Well i dont really make any money on each board so number of sales isnt really a factor.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

OK there is an issue with the Rev1. I cannot choose the "M" value for the clock speed selection. Seems we're 0.7V above VDD/2

https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs ... 2e26b3.pdf

Most likely the CPLD has something internal (maybe part of the 3.3V tolerant stuff) thats pulling the voltage up to 2.39V

So I am going to try some inline resistors to see if that helps. I measured the peak input current at 0.3mA so a 0.7V drop over that would be between 2K and 5K.

Either way the current Rev1 will be scraped for a rev1b..
———
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Any progress with adding resistors and seeing the result? I know you said you have child care priorities.

I am impressed you find the time. Just getting one 4yr old to brush their teeth and get to sleep can be an energy sapping experience :x :lol:
And so many cool project keep appearing to build & follow. It's a great time to be a retro hardware owner Mod/Hack/Enjoy 8-) :geek:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

TBH I’ve yet to sit down and assess what each project needs. Kinda recovering from a cold and the intensity of the commercial pilot course. Private to Commercial in 14 days!!!

But off the top of my head I need a full day to sort out the TF360 r2. But ideally I would test the NOTPORT first. The annoying bit is that I need a clockport extender to test anything as the CPU gets in the way.
———
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

No problem. I expect your brain is need of an unwind after that intensive course.
I think the TF1260 was announced afterwards and that card seems to be progressing quicker (did the 1260 R2 get ordered?) so if that gets released first then I will have some 060 fun with my A1200, and dont mind waiting and saving up for a TF360 ;)
We just need to make sure Supaduper is stocked up with components if he has to self-isolate for 2 weeks!

Return to “TF360”