68060 sources

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Higgy

Re: 68060 sources

Post by Higgy »

Damn you. i clicked buy it now and it was gone.
:o We had agreed on a price as it was not even listed, but he wanted to sell through eBay so we had arranged the time for it to be listed. So I would have been very annoyed if a super sniper got in :D
Your lucky if you even managed to see it, I guess 060 must have been on your watch list etc.
sugar

Post by sugar »

I received refund for my fake Chinese chips from Ebay sellers shuaistar20150515 and bjstzq and hope I'll get customs refunded at some point.

There is this interesting US Ebay seller qsourceco_6 which seemed legit but I have not received my CPU yet and I think someone bought out his stock of 50'ish Freescales already. In a perfect world one would have five grand spare for making cpu purchases when they are available :-). The seller also has MC68030RC33C in stock which if legit would be perfect for the 030 boards.
I'm afraid someone like Jens will just be stocking all the CPUs the get rid of the less organized competition enabling him to sell at a high price when he finally releases his boards.

Some people have been getting rev6 CPUs from Heisener for quite a hefty price and they seem to have some stock again - I got a quote for 275usd today. It's a lot of money but I've seen people doing crazy bids on Ebay for rev6s (I think one just went for over 400€).

I'm hoping the crazy people with too much cash will get what they want soon and let the market cool down a bit. Not expecting under 150e rev6s but at the moment it's a bit hysterical.

I wonder if someone with an Apollo with LC060 could share his experiences with the CPU. I know there's software like Oxypatcher which supposedly patches instructions not supported by the 060's FPU on the fly. I guess it would be too much work and too slow to implement something like that for the FPUless LC.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Why not using special LC Library created by Speedgeek? :idea:
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?11 ... ary-update
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
sugar

Post by sugar »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:28 am Why not using special LC Library created by Speedgeek? :idea:
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?11 ... ary-update
Cheers, saw that and forgot about it immediately already.
OHROM

Post by OHROM »

OHROM wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 am This is a vendor to avoid, selling RC060 at premium price and i get it and its an LC i have put in a refund request with Ebay even though he states no refunds hes selling fakes, AVOID. posting to hopefully save someone else from this. I don't mind paying the money if its what its suppose to be but i'm not going to pay that amount for a fake. stay tune for the update on ebays response lol

updated link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTOROLA-MC680 ... _cvip=true
So i finally i got a refund from that 1st seller in NY, then i figured i didn't want for wait for a long shipment from china as my TF360 had no chip to run it, Then i found a guy in MA. i sent him a PM asking if it was a Rev.6 with MMU and FPU he replied yes, Sent it to me and the chip wouldn't even boot up it was like a tan screen only. So i contacted the seller and i told him i was doing a return. I asked him do you possibly have another and he he said yes, So i asked him to send me the other one, to my surprised he replied that he would send me 2 this time on RC50 and one RC60 try them both out and keep the one you want. I got them and tested the RC60 1st and there it was an LC Rev 4 but the mask said rev 6 so that was a fake. Then tried the RC50 and this too was not a rev 6 it was a rev. 5 Freescale but it had the MMU and FPU. at this point i ended up keeping the rev 5, As its been so hard to get a chip with MMU and FPU. its a lot hotter than a rev 6 i'm assuming i was able to get it to clock over 78-79 somewhere around there could be wrong on the actual value as my uncle was the one guiding me on doing this but said mine clocked higher than his something about multiplier maybe, and that was with no cooling. here is the link to the seller might be worth a shot if your in the states he is at least willing to take returns. and maybe he got scammed himself on those 060's. https://www.ebay.com/itm/254673497130?V ... 4673497130
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

It can't be rev 6
71E31J mask simply does not exist :roll:
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
alexh

Post by alexh »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:26 pm 71E31J mask simply does not exist :roll:
Someone went to all this trouble to remark these CPU's and then put the wrong number on. Wow.
Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alexh wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:56 am
8 Bit Dreams wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:26 pm 71E31J mask simply does not exist :roll:
Someone went to all this trouble to remark these CPU's and then put the wrong number on. Wow.
Its intentional to filter out people who know.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Aeberbach

Post by Aeberbach »

I never considered that before, but I guess it's like the 419 email scam - if you're not trained to spot the overly religious solicitation to share in $139,000,000 from the bank account of a deceased oil executive, you're a great target.
srosefx

Post by srosefx »

Hey
so ive been lurking about trawling through the forum threads and checking out possible sources for030rc's and 060rc's but the info generally says "be careful" and do your research or buy from reputable people who have done the work finding the genuine article.
Im now seeing 350+euros for a chip, have we hit that price point already??
I know Stephen recommends Chucky and Alen, are you both still selling chips?
I would love to know others recommendations unfortunately im not in a position to risk the "cheap route" with fakes, so a friendly nudge in the right dissection even if its a little more expensive would be a boon.
Many thanks
Simon

Return to “TF360”