68060 sources

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

sugar

Re: 68060 sources

Post by sugar »

Ok so it would appear funkward tech doesn't have these in stock anymore, they still had 180+ rev6 rc60's a few days back.
While they will probably get some in stock at some point I decided to try other Ebay Chinese vendors who claimed they have real rev6s.
Now I'm pretty sceptic that all the chips will be genuine so I was wondering how the more experienced buyers handle such situation? I think you are entitled to a full refund in such a case but I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs..

So, what kind of action should one take if one encounters fake ICs from Ebay?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

PayPal/Ebay dispute item not as described.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

@sugar i would not bother.
I don't think there were any China sellers apart from Funkward that had real Rev 6 060s.
Ignore other sellers text. They write what we want to hear!
You could even get hit by custom charge that i doubt you will get back.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Higgy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 pm @sugar i would not bother.
I don't think there were any China sellers apart from Funkward that had real Rev 6 060s.
Agreed. Myself an chucky get all the real 060s anyways. We have a good stock of them.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

sugar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:46 am Ok so it would appear funkward tech doesn't have these in stock anymore, they still had 180+ rev6 rc60's a few days back.
While they will probably get some in stock at some point I decided to try other Ebay Chinese vendors who claimed they have real rev6s.
Now I'm pretty sceptic that all the chips will be genuine so I was wondering how the more experienced buyers handle such situation? I think you are entitled to a full refund in such a case but I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs..

So, what kind of action should one take if one encounters fake ICs from Ebay?
It works like this: you request return from eBay, the seller invariably tells you they won't provide you with a shipping label and that you have to send it back on your own.

Then, (in my case), I tell them that I have no option of sending tracked mail back to China (other than couriers but that's really expensive and I am not willing to spend $150 on postage), and that I want a refund upfront before I mail them back.

Eventually, after a long back and forth, where they insist that you have to send it tracked despite you telling them you can't, they eventually send you the refund for the items but not the postage. You send the CPUs back with the untracked mail and provide picture proof.

You send it back after which they will always claim they never got it, and you will never get the postage cost back.

I have used this method to stock about 20 CPUs. You eventually lose money on the postage but you end up with a few genuine CPUs.

I don't see any other way of doing it.
sugar

Post by sugar »

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately I already bought some chips :oops:
I didnt realize Chucky had CPUs stocked for TFs, thought he had closed up shop completely. I hope I can buy a 060 TF when they come out as I'm pretty sure that they'll sell out immediately. Even Vampire has apparently sold 5000 already.
sugar

Post by sugar »

Ok so I have received my Ebay chinese chips, I am pretty sure all of them are reprinted lesser chips. I just signed up to beta the tf360 as I have on legit cpu from Chucky. I was wondering if the TF360 boots up with the lesser LC and EC variants? I had agreed to have a friend test the chips on his 3660 but perhaps I can spare myself from doing a two hour bike ride if I can use WhichAmiga on the TF360 with these probable fakes.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

sugar wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:20 pm Ok so I have received my Ebay chinese chips, I am pretty sure all of them are reprinted lesser chips. I just signed up to beta the tf360 as I have on legit cpu from Chucky. I was wondering if the TF360 boots up with the lesser LC and EC variants? I had agreed to have a friend test the chips on his 3660 but perhaps I can spare myself from doing a two hour bike ride if I can use WhichAmiga on the TF360 with these probable fakes.
TF boards will work with all variants. Prefer to have an MMU over an FPU if im honest.
———
reflex79

Post by reflex79 »

Higgy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 pm @sugar i would not bother.
but I noticed that CPUs sold by Funkward has a 0002 mark on one side in the pics, shouldn't it be 0006 to be a real rev.6 one?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

reflex79 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:10 pm
but I noticed that CPUs sold by Funkward has a 0002 mark on one side in the pics, shouldn't it be 0006 to be a real rev.6 one?
Thats the stepping not the revision.
———

Return to “TF360”