The TF1260 rev1 arrives!!! Oh boy!

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: The TF1260 rev1 arrives!!! Oh boy!

Post by alenppc »

supaduper, it's exactly the same thing as mine but home built instead of mass produced.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

alenppc wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:26 pm supaduper, it's exactly the same thing as mine but home built instead of mass produced.
Yeah I know Alen, it was just what I saw first so went with it, obviously now we can use those ones you have so long as the stock holds up :) also options are good if people cannot source the reg you have used
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Anyway this is just to confirm that the rev1 is working on both of my A1200 motherboard revisions (while the rev0 did not). One of them doens't like ram-loading the A600 scsi.device, while the other one does, but this is not related to the 1260, probably just a different gayle revision.

In the meantime, we should test the 1260 on as many 1200 revisions as we can. For me it seems we have a winner.
go0se

Post by go0se »

Thanks for the advice gents,

I'm going to go with both regulator options for comparison, with the one Alen suggested going onto the build initially as it seems to currently be in the minority on test boards and looks like potentially a more cost effective long term option.

Have been dragging my feet getting this thing built due to other commitments but intend to have it put together in the next few days. I have a few different 1200 motherboard revisions here to test (1A,1D1,1D4 and an Escom 2B with the hacked PC floppy drive) so hopefully be able to give some useful feedback.
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

@alenppc I mention a while back (a bit too early as not many other built cards about) to collate a list of which revisions have been tested and if any timing fixes have been done to those PCB's.
I have two Commodore 2B PCBs, with one of them having a couple of the timing fixes taken from Ian Steadman's website: http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/amiga ... o_fix.html
It's great seeing the progress you guys are making. Anyone cracked past the 80Mhz yet? Has Chucky replied? I thought the last Facebook post he said his Rev 1 was not fully stable.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

go0se wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:57 pm Have been dragging my feet getting this thing built due to other commitments but intend to have it put together in the next few days. I have a few different 1200 motherboard revisions here to test (1A,1D1,1D4 and an Escom 2B with the hacked PC floppy drive) so hopefully be able to give some useful feedback.
Just FYI, both of my motherboards are 1D4 but they behave very differently. I think it depends on individual chip revisions and types of passives used, Commodore wasn't overly consistent... so there is sometimes more to it than just the printed revision.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:13 pm Anyway this is just to confirm that the rev1 is working on both of my A1200 motherboard revisions (while the rev0 did not). One of them doens't like ram-loading the A600 scsi.device, while the other one does, but this is not related to the 1260, probably just a different gayle revision.
This seems to be a a real issue. Chucky cannot get OS 3.9 to work at all. Seems to be something to do with the A600.scsi device as you say. But it works fine on the TF330 so its not a ram issue.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I did not try OS3.9. Will have to look into this.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:44 pm I did not try OS3.9. Will have to look into this.
I think its somehow related to the scsi.device update.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
go0se

Post by go0se »

Might as well cancel those Digikey orders gents, there's a new TF1260 regulator in town! :lol:
DSC_0543.JPG
DSC_0543.JPG (90.64 KiB) Viewed 3697 times
Managed to boot the card to Diagrom using this Heath Robinson 3.3V "power source" constructed with parts salvaged from an old TV. At least now I know I'm on the right track.

I promise I won't use it again. :oops:

Return to “TF360”