The TF360 rev2 arrives

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Higgy

Re: The TF360 rev2 arrives

Post by Higgy »

All super news.
Do you know yet if a patch wire etc be added to the TF360 beta release card for the IDE improvement? It's fine if not. And will that mean a separate firmware to support the TF360 beta cards?
Cheers
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Higgy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:15 pm All super news.
Do you know yet if a patch wire etc be added to the TF360 beta release card for the IDE improvement? It's fine if not. And will that mean a separate firmware to support the TF360 beta cards?
Cheers
It will be a separate firmware. All the pins on the rev2 are used. Its just going to mean 4Mb/s instead of 5.3Mb/s. The firmware bundle will include both cards.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Apollon

Post by Apollon »

I am one of those crazy people who would like to have a 060 in the cd32, may I ask if the final version will be released at some point?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Apollon wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:12 am I am one of those crazy people who would like to have a 060 in the cd32, may I ask if the final version will be released at some point?
Pretty sure i've said this already that im working on the TF360 and TF4060. Its unlikely to do enough sales to get released open file but you will be able to buy them both from @alenppc and @supaduper. Probably @go0se and maybe @chucky will make a few.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

Maybe is good idea do like tf536
Sale just boards
What you think about this Stephen?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

kulamario wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:11 pm Maybe is good idea do like tf536
Sale just boards
What you think about this Stephen?
No. These boards will only be sold by Alen, Supaduper and Chucky (and some from g0ose). I've already made promises that has them committed to buying parts in bulk. Unless they sell out of those parts the boards will not go open file. I will never sell unpopulated PCBs again.
———
irtimaled

Post by irtimaled »

How does one go about buying one of these cards from the folks you mentioned?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

irtimaled wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:28 am How does one go about buying one of these cards from the folks you mentioned?
Well first of all i need to get it working properly. So its not for sale yet.

When that is done the lads can be PM'd either here or on Amibay.
———
irtimaled

Post by irtimaled »

terriblefire wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:40 am When that is done the lads can be PM'd either here or on Amibay.
Perfect - thanks for coming back to me so quickly. I'm pretty new to the forum so I'll figure it out, or Amibay will re-open the registration ;-)
wairnair

Post by wairnair »

What are the power requirements for the TF360? I suppose the stock CD32 PSU will not suffice. Also, afan is a must or a passive heatsink is OK if not heavily overclocking?
Thinking about getting one once work is completed on it. Thank you.

Return to “TF360”