TF1260 stuff

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

trixster

Re: TF1260 stuff

Post by trixster »

I quite liked the 12v 50mm blower but it was a little too loud for me without using an in-line resistor, and then it was fairly quiet but didn’t quite push enough air around.

As Aberbach says, getting fresh air in and through to the hot bits it the trick. Ducting would be the answer, or the way CS-labs have gone by having the fan drawing air in via the top case slots.

At the mo this config is fine for 80mhz :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

trixster wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 am I quite liked the 12v 50mm blower but it was a little too loud for me without using an in-line resistor, and then it was fairly quiet but didn’t quite push enough air around.

As Aberbach says, getting fresh air in and through to the hot bits it the trick. Ducting would be the answer, or the way CS-labs have gone by having the fan drawing air in via the top case slots.

At the mo this config is fine for 80mhz :)
The CS Labs guys have access to industrial strength milling machines. I've never found temp make any diff to the performance or stability of the machine though.. i.e. if its happy at 80 its happy there .. if its not then even freeze spray doesnt help.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
trixster

Post by trixster »

True words! :) I think it’s the general build up in heat from all the components that I like to try and keep on top of - from the cpu, the cplds on the board, the heat from the 1200’s customs chips and the indivision etc.

The cplds on the TF do seem to get rather hot without heatsink/fan but for all I know that might be well within spec! I just like to try to keep it all cool and happy :D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

trixster wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:06 pm True words! :) I think it’s the general build up in heat from all the components that I like to try and keep on top of - from the cpu, the cplds on the board, the heat from the 1200’s customs chips and the indivision etc.

The cplds on the TF do seem to get rather hot without heatsink/fan but for all I know that might be well within spec! I just like to try to keep it all cool and happy :D
Those CPLDs are balls to the wall at the limit of what they can do.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
ubermick

Post by ubermick »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:55 pmThose CPLDs are FLUFFYBUNNIES to the wall at the limit of what they can do.
Fixed that for ya there...

*hides under sofa*
sugar

Post by sugar »

Got my beauty and have had a chance to test it. First impressions are that it runs a lot cooler than my TF360, I don't think I need a fan with a rev5 or rev6. I didn't get much overclocking joy but perhaps I need to try another CPU / PSU as OC stuff always seems to be quite picky.
ubermick

Post by ubermick »

Was led to believe that these were exclusive pieces of hardware. Only available to cornerstones of the Amiga community. The pillars of the scene. Fluffybunnies like me are getting them now, so strongly recommend that distribution be tightened up.

gxTNziQ.jpg
gxTNziQ.jpg (109.01 KiB) Viewed 3345 times

(Its gorgeous, had to wait for my 68060LC to arrive, after the Rev5 I thought I was getting fell through. Thanks a million Stephen for allowing some of these into the wild, Alen for posting it down to me, and Supa for reaching out in the first place. Need to put the A1200 back together now and just ignore the brown hue!)
lilwashu

Post by lilwashu »

Now that Amigas are getting some use with LC060s, how has the compatibility turned out? Is it just demos that have issues as seemed to be predicted?
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

lilwashu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:41 pm Now that Amigas are getting some use with LC060s, how has the compatibility turned out? Is it just demos that have issues as seemed to be predicted?
I only use mine for playing the classic old games using whdload and if set up correctly there's no issues at all.

Very pleased with mine
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

lilwashu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:41 pm Now that Amigas are getting some use with LC060s, how has the compatibility turned out? Is it just demos that have issues as seemed to be predicted?
Whatever runs on 030 will run on LC060. The 060 demos won’t run but they would if they had been compiled with the -nofpu option, it’s possible and no reason why it can’t be done.

Return to “TF360”