TF1260 stuff

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

GadgetUK164

Re: TF1260 stuff

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:30 pm To check that the issues are not speed switch related just call cpuspeed with no options
Thanks! Yeah, I've done that (a thousand times just today lol) =/ Crashes no matter whether a param is passed or not. It does NOT crash if you do cpuspeed ? It lists the switches.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

The good news is it works with the CF card supaduper sent me (Thanks Mark, and Stephen!)

Since I have both CF cards working at the same time now, I can test the versions of cpuspeed on the 3.1 install that doesnt work - they run fine (when booting from the new CF card)! So, it seems the standard 3.1 install just doesn't work with it (With the MMULibs and cpuspeed as per the builders guides out there on a few peoples websites).

I will investigate further later - I have 2 x plain 3.1 setups, neither of which worked with cpuspeed, and both have the correct libs and version of the executable. I will flaten one of them and try again to see if that makes a difference. Maybe some install made it none standard, but they both had pretty much just WHDLOAD and the Installer.

Thanks for all the help! Amazing card, loving it! I have a question about clock speed settings - is it possible to get any more granularity using the parameters, if I set anything between say 62.5 and 75Mhz, I get 62.5, the next step (75) is too fast for this R4 LC. I was hoping for 66 or 70, or something inbetween. Not a problem if it's not possible, just wondered if the other params might allow that.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 pm I have a question about clock speed settings - is it possible to get any more granularity using the parameters, if I set anything between say 62.5 and 75Mhz, I get 62.5, the next step (75) is too fast for this R4 LC. I was hoping for 66 or 70, or something inbetween. Not a problem if it's not possible, just wondered if the other params might allow that.
Unfortunately not.. the clocks available are (25 x N)/2. Where N can be 4,5,6,6.2,6.33333,8, 8.333, 10.

It was designed to give a spread of speed .... the TF4060 will have more fine grained control when i figure it out

You could try putting a 20Mhz crystal on and see what happens?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

No worries! It rocks at 62.5Mhz TBH =D I suspect the R4 cannot go much beyond that anyway!

Just need to work out why CF PCMCIA is not working with this card build now lol =/
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:36 pm No worries! It rocks at 62.5Mhz TBH =D I suspect the R4 cannot go much beyond that anyway!
It depends on the individual CPU... some can go as high as 85, some crap out at 75...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:47 pm
GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:36 pm No worries! It rocks at 62.5Mhz TBH =D I suspect the R4 cannot go much beyond that anyway!
It depends on the individual CPU... some can go as high as 85, some crap out at 75...
Yeah i have some cheap R4s that will do 93Mhz in the TF4060.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

All sorted! cpuspeed set on boot, EIDE driver installed, working with all 3 CF cards installed (primary, slave, and the new EIDE one).
Robocop 3 working after some tool tips changes (thanks to Andy Tricklebank), and surprisingly JesusOnEs works on this build with the 060 too.

EDIT: And PCMCIA CF card working too (was missing CF0 in Devs\DOS Drivers

So very pleased with this - it's awesome!!! Stephen, you are a legend =D

EDIT2: Is it my imagination or does the power LED flash for the new IDE interface? Very cool! I also notice that from juggling these CF cards around in my machine, finally my HDD LED works again. I believe the one I moved from slave position to the EIDE port seems to have fixed it.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:44 pm All sorted! cpuspeed set on boot, EIDE driver installed, working with all 3 CF cards installed (primary, slave, and the new EIDE one).
Robocop 3 working after some tool tips changes (thanks to Andy Tricklebank), and surprisingly JesusOnEs works on this build with the 060 too.

Have you fired up the blinkenlights yet?
———
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:50 pm
GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:44 pm All sorted! cpuspeed set on boot, EIDE driver installed, working with all 3 CF cards installed (primary, slave, and the new EIDE one).

That's the next bit =D I assume one on its own wont work because the serial chain isnt complete? I need to fit the rest tomorrow I think! =D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:53 pm
terriblefire wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:50 pm

That's the next bit =D I assume one on its own wont work because the serial chain isnt complete? I need to fit the rest tomorrow I think! =D
Yeah its like oldschool xmas tree lights
———

Return to “TF360”