TF1260 stuff

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

ubermick

Re: TF1260 stuff

Post by ubermick »

@alenppc - I know the link provided included a download for an 8gb CF that's pre set up for the TF which is great. Was wondering tho if there was a smaller download around that has just the required files to add to an existing setup? (Beyond MMU.library v46, obviously!)
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Not really... basically the download was the result of me experimenting with the LC060 and rooting out any FPU libs when I found them. So I can’t really tell you in detail what exactly I changed and where.

When I first started, every single thing I tried to run on the LC crashed, which led me to go on a case by case crash hunt until I got rid of all crashes (read: fpu code)
Johnnybarker

Post by Johnnybarker »

This is my cooling solution. Not as bonny as I hoped as the pipework was pretty bent already. Also had to use the grinder to flatten down the edge at the front and while it looked to be solid copper it was actually just anodised aluminium. Going to buy more pipe off ebay and some copper brazing rods and replace the pipe or knock up something a bit neater. I found some solid bits of copper that I may use as a plate for the CPU.

The other thing I was wondering about was using a cooler from a jasper xbox 360 but I can't seem to find my box of broken xboxes.

IMAG0911.jpg
IMAG0911.jpg (182.63 KiB) Viewed 3210 times
Laupert

Post by Laupert »

ubermick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:29 am Was led to believe that these were exclusive pieces of hardware. Only available to cornerstones of the Amiga community. The pillars of the scene. Fluffybunnies like me are getting them now, so strongly recommend that distribution be tightened up.
Hope these are still around when I reach fluffybunny level :D I guess it's more a nice-to-have than a need-to-have for me, but it sure would be a fun toy to play with...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

ubermick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:29 am Was led to believe that these were exclusive pieces of hardware. Only available to cornerstones of the Amiga community. The pillars of the scene. Fluffybunnies like me are getting them now, so strongly recommend that distribution be tightened up.
These cards are basically exclusive to people who have not made a nuisance of themselves. Its a pretty simple bar to pass. Although i have made an exception for @Johnnybarker :lol:
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
ubermick

Post by ubermick »

alenppc wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:42 pm Not really... basically the download was the result of me experimenting with the LC060 and rooting out any FPU libs when I found them. So I can’t really tell you in detail what exactly I changed and where.

When I first started, every single thing I tried to run on the LC crashed, which led me to go on a case by case crash hunt until I got rid of all crashes (read: fpu code)
Thanks for that, Alen - after exercising a wee but of google-fu, EAB turned up this which I'll have a go off:

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=101115

That said, need to get the @$# A1200 sorted first since the screen has a brown tint and need to sort out either the RGB encoder or the DAC... :x
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

ubermick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:59 pm
Thanks for that, Alen - after exercising a wee but of google-fu, EAB turned up this which I'll have a go off:

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=101115

That said, need to get the @$# A1200 sorted first since the screen has a brown tint and need to sort out either the RGB encoder or the DAC... :x
Oh please don't use that library from EAB. it's really bad and causes more crashes. Basically the updated 68060.library from the V46 MMU library package is way better. It's already aware of the LC/EC variants and acts accordingly. The patched one from EAB simply has the FPU code removed but nothing put in its place.
Johnnybarker

Post by Johnnybarker »

Thanks Stephen for making allowances. I have a suspicion it is only because I live in the Highlands!

Definitely agree about using the MMUlib libraries; Thomas knows his stuff. I am using an LC '060 and with the CF card supaduper supplied compatibility is remarkably good.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Literally the only 060 library i support is MMULib..

Even when a Norwegian solder dude sent me a card image that didnt work due to some weird Blizzard Lib... i made him go install MMULib
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

Nice surprise in the mail today, early arrival :D
Nice surprise
Nice surprise
1260.jpg (69.62 KiB) Viewed 3061 times

Thanks Alen, arrived safely, very nice craftsmanship, and thank you Stephen for developing this great 060 solution for the A1200.

Bugger, :-? thought I would give it a whirl tonight, but my 060s are not in the A1200's packing box. They are somewhere in this mess, inventory failure. :o
boxes.jpg
boxes.jpg (19.76 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Return to “TF360”