Showing off the TF360

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Higgy

Showing off the TF360

Post by Higgy »

Hi,

Just to say last Saturday was the South West Amiga Group meeting near Bristol. I took along my CD32 / TF360 to demo. Surprisingly there seemed to be more CD32s than A1200s at the event!
Anyway, there was a lot of interest in the TF360 and hearing about the TF1230 (I made very clear it's still being worked on). My CD32 was powered on for about 9hrs and behaved very well, I think the heat did get to it a bit near the end. Or it was due to the load on the many many daisy chained mains plugs (did managed to trip out 1/2 the hall at one point) :lol:

One nice thing with a meet to seeing things you did not know about, I was shown the 'Alien 2' demo from Scoopex. Lots of 3D for 1998. There were some textures missing on the TF360 (and subsequently tested on TF1260) so I would be interested to see if the revised TF1260 Firmware shows any difference.

Hats off to David Pleasance, he had a bit of a mare regarding delivery of his new book and traffic meant it took him 5 hrs to get to the event, but still he was pleased to see and speak to people.

Demo is based on the first Alien film, just to add confusion to the demo's title:
https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=1344

Return to “TF360”