News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

TF1260 Beta Firmware

Post by terriblefire »

Alrighty...

In a series of steps aimed towards taking us to an "open file" model of the TF1260 here is the first one. This is FastATA/Burst Firmware. It does not presently have the faster chipram performance. Thats in the pipeline and i have simply not had enough time to work on it. So in the interests of giving people a bit more bang for their buck here is the best "stable" version of the faster firmware. Summary

1. Much faster RAM speeds.
2. Much faster TF IDE.
3. Fix for OS3.2

Nothing else. It will be a shedload faster for real world applications.

Consider this BETA. If it screws up your board you will need to return it to your builder to reset. You will also lose your unique serial number. It will become 999.

If you dont already know how to flash this please do not do it. You need specific hardware and software to do it its not just a file you load etc. The 6ns jed is only if you have installed a 6ns ram CPLD. Ask your builder if unsure.

EDIT: JTAG Chain is RAM CPLD then BUS CPLD
Attachments
tf1260r1_2021_09_07_999.zip
(59.34 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
AndreaM

Re: TF1260 Beta Firmware

Post by AndreaM »

Given I definitely come under the "If you dont already know how to flash this please do not do it." I'll definitely sitting back and watching. Will try finding someone to upgrade for me later.

Awesome you getting this out.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings that answers to either Andrea or fluffkitten
idc

Post by idc »

@terriblefire, you beautiful bar steward, you! :)

I come under the “I don’t already know, but I’m ballsy when it comes to testing things like this, and anyway I’m a less than 30 minute car journey away from @supaduper” category. :D

Not sure if I’ll go with this, or if I’ll wait for faster chip mem to roll through…

Still, it’s fine, fine work!
Cego

Post by Cego »

Great! thanks a lot Stephen :)
A cheap and off-the-shelf Xilinx USB programmer (Waveshare Electronics) will do the job?

https://www.waveshare.com/platform-cable-usb.htm
freemilk

Post by freemilk »

FLASHED. !!
seems stable, might say kind of sluggish, dont take that the wrong way, i am just trying to help with some feedback.

ehide speed is showing me an impressice 2.654.... 2.7xxx .

when i say sluggish i mean like it stalls for a sec then catches up, repeat. hopw this helps.

nice to see an update, Thanks
matt020

Post by matt020 »

freemilk wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:16 am when i say sluggish i mean like it stalls for a sec then catches up, repeat. hopw this helps.
Can you go into this some more?
trixster

Post by trixster »

Exciting! Thanks for the release!
candyman

Post by candyman »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:05 pm You will also lose your unique serial number. It will become 999.
What a pity. In addition to providing a certain traceability, it was also an element of uniqueness and distinction. Is there any technical reason for this? Were three digits no longer enough?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The serial number is encoded in the firmware. It takes 3-4 mins to generate a firmware. Its not feasible to dump 500 firmwares here (for a beta test).

Eventually everyone will get their serial number restored with the final version
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

candyman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:21 pm What a pity. In addition to providing a certain traceability, it was also an element of uniqueness and distinction.
You can sweat Your cpld's off and keep them, then solder new cpld's on and test any fw you like... :lol:
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany

Return to “TF360”