TF1260 programming - questions & discussion

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Acill

Re: TF1260 programming - questions & discussion

Post by Acill »

I did a quick video on using an FTDI cable to flash them. Its by far the easiest way to do it. The links to cables at a fair price of about $48 are in the video description along with the software and batch file I show I used. Its nothing to install. Just plug in and go as I show.

voscoboss

Post by voscoboss »

If it doesn’t work as described in the video (weird error messages like no jtag chain found, broken atmel device etc), then power the tf1260 from the amiga. Leave 3.3v from the programmer unconnected, keep ground and the other wires connected.

This did the trick for me after a lot of messing about with Pi’s and the usb programmer.

Also, you may want to run a connection test before running the batch file, or make the batch file a bit more advanced to include a connection test before flashing
Acill

Post by Acill »

I have seen it error a couple time, but its usually just a bad connection. Be sure your connections are tight and clean. Powering from the Amiga works too, but I dont like having the entire card powered up myself. I have also seen simply running the batch script again after a fail will work. It wont hurt anything to just run it multiple times.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Also keep high freq cables like hdmi away from the cables
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
chucky

Post by chucky »

I did also a video:

How to flash TF1260 (etc) with a FTDI Serialcable.. (and how to install software)
hardgb

Post by hardgb »

Hello everybody. I'm having difficulties to buy an FTDI cable because the price is getting too high, to ship to Brazil. And after this update this cable will no longer be useful for me. But raspiberry Pi I can buy and after upgrade I can use it for other projects.
Please, has anyone been able to update TF1260 with Pi? If so, what is the best model for me to do this update? I am grateful for the help.
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

hardgb wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:18 pm Hello everybody. I'm having difficulties to buy an FTDI cable because the price is getting too high, to ship to Brazil. And after this update this cable will no longer be useful for me. But raspiberry Pi I can buy and after upgrade I can use it for other projects.
Please, has anyone been able to update TF1260 with Pi? If so, what is the best model for me to do this update? I am grateful for the help.
PM sent.
hardgb

Post by hardgb »

Higgy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:43 pm
hardgb wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:18 pm Hello everybody. I'm having difficulties to buy an FTDI cable because the price is getting too high, to ship to Brazil. And after this update this cable will no longer be useful for me. But raspiberry Pi I can buy and after upgrade I can use it for other projects.
PM sent.
I will try, ;) thank you very much
soviet9922

Post by soviet9922 »

Hi guys, do I need to have the same exact FTDI cable to use the programming software ?
I have one of this:

21VZq.jpg
21VZq.jpg (69.56 KiB) Viewed 1745 times

Is good to use also?

Because the videos and tutorials talk about color cables, and these kinds of modules don't have the cables.
If this can be used what are the signals corresponding to what pins on the TF1260 ?
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

This one should work also..🤔
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany

Return to “TF360”