TF360 questions

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Zaspath

TF360 questions

Post by Zaspath »

Hi,

So I've got things setup with OS 3.2 and the TF360 / SD Card based. I've got a few questions as I'm relatively new to the TF world.

1. Is ehide.device required at all? Is there any perf increase? (Things are working with scsi.device, about 2.5mb/s transfers)
... I'd appreciate any pointers on how it should be used if so (I've added it to the startup-sequence already), my drives are scsi.device at this point.
2. Is the CD drive stable at all in workbench? Or is it a unstable universally with the TF360?

Thanks!
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF360 questions

Post by terriblefire »

Zaspath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:59 am Hi,

So I've got things setup with OS 3.2 and the TF360 / SD Card based. I've got a few questions as I'm relatively new to the TF world.

1. Is ehide.device required at all? Is there any perf increase? (Things are working with scsi.device, about 2.5mb/s transfers)
... I'd appreciate any pointers on how it should be used if so (I've added it to the startup-sequence already), my drives are scsi.device at this point.
2. Is the CD drive stable at all in workbench? Or is it a unstable universally with the TF360?

Thanks!
1. No ehide will not work on the 360 as its standard Amiga1200/600 style device.

2. Milage seems to vary. Some people have it very stable others cant get it to work. I have rewritten the bus arbitration stuff for the TF4060 recently so this will get backported and should help. Seems to be the worst playing audio CDs as it continuously queries the cd position.. that seems to make it more unstable. Once it goes a reset is needed.

Seems to be a rotating buffer that the OS and the hardware get out of sync. Once that happens nothing will work.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Also, you should avoid using SD cards with any CD32 TF boards as this will most likely make the audio output out of RCA connectors very low. This happens because for some reason the Chinese SD card adapters trigger the volume control circuit on the CD32 motherboard making it partially mute the output.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:16 pm Also, you should avoid using SD cards with any CD32 TF boards as this will most likely make the audio output out of RCA connectors very low. This happens because for some reason the Chinese SD card adapters trigger the volume control circuit on the CD32 motherboard making it partially mute the output.
I promised @Chain-Q i would look at that.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Zaspath

Post by Zaspath »

alenppc wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:16 pm Also, you should avoid using SD cards with any CD32 TF boards as this will most likely make the audio output out of RCA connectors very low. This happens because for some reason the Chinese SD card adapters trigger the volume control circuit on the CD32 motherboard making it partially mute the output.
Interestingly I did notice a drop... Thanks for the pointer, I simply don't have many CF cards which is why I'm not using it... I do however have a stack of SD cards. I might switch back to CF.
Zaspath

Post by Zaspath »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 am
Zaspath wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:59 am Hi,

Thanks!
1. No ehide will not work on the 360 as its standard Amiga1200/600 style device.

2. Milage seems to vary. Some people have it very stable others cant get it to work. I have rewritten the bus arbitration stuff for the TF4060 recently so this will get backported and should help. Seems to be the worst playing audio CDs as it continuously queries the cd position.. that seems to make it more unstable. Once it goes a reset is needed.

Seems to be a rotating buffer that the OS and the hardware get out of sync. Once that happens nothing will work.
Thanks for this!

Return to “TF360”