TF536 on the ST

Other boosters or variants.
Methanoid

Re: TF536 on the ST

Post by Methanoid »

Is it possible to fit the keyboard and close the case with one of these or is there a relocator board like on the Amiga 500 that solves the issue?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Nobody has solved the re locator issue yet. Some ST models its probably possible due the CPU location being seemingly random on the ST motherboards :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
ube

Post by ube »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:11 pm Nobody has solved the re locator issue yet. Some ST models its probably possible due the CPU location being seemingly random on the ST motherboards :)
I'll guess the STM motherboard is probably the best.. And.. Oh, there's two in my bookshelf. Now, if I only could get my hands on a 536 PCB I could probably make one, if it's needed.. :)
master of the bare pcb
Methanoid

Post by Methanoid »

ube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:58 pm
terriblefire wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:11 pm Nobody has solved the re locator issue yet. Some ST models its probably possible due the CPU location being seemingly random on the ST motherboards :)
I'll guess the STM motherboard is probably the best.. And.. Oh, there's two in my bookshelf. Now, if I only could get my hands on a 536 PCB I could probably make one, if it's needed.. :)
https://atariage.com/forums/uploads/mon ... 515781.jpg

It looks like (depending on the orientation of the CPU which doesnt look like it is socketted) it will either fit almost perfectly or NOT at all... Maybe you can tell us since you have the STM and https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =76&t=1887 shows a perfect pic of the board that you could test fit after printing? :D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The Tf cards would go towards the back of the case on that board
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

I don't know if the dimensions are exactly the same as the TF534, but at least for the that card the floppy connector will be in the way unless it's raised up quite high to clear it, or relocated a little bit toward the front of the machine. But other than that I think it should fit really well in the STM :)
DSC_3063.JPG
DSC_3063.JPG (172.68 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
DSC_3065.JPG
DSC_3065.JPG (176.68 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
It should probably be moved a bit to the left also, to avoid the relocator board from colliding with Exxos 4MB upgrade :)
(The board in this picture is moving the CPU 3.81mm toward the front and that caused clearance issues with the Ram upgrade, hence the Dremel action)
DSC_3064.JPG
DSC_3064.JPG (93.89 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I've been testing the TF536 on the H4 and it runs desktop ok but crashes (2 Bombs) the moment music starts..

I'm thinking this is some interrupt issue?
———
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

What music ? A lot of chipmusic was pretty buggy to start with.. if you can run GB6 fine , then you can't be far off.. Though it doesn't test audio of course..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 am What music ? A lot of chipmusic was pretty buggy to start with.. if you can run GB6 fine , then you can't be far off.. Though it doesn't test audio of course..
Sorry. Completely missed a vital part of the context there.

Running Frontier. Crashes the instant the chipmusic starts with the Tf536. I'm sure @agranlund will confirm that the TF534 doesnt do this (i'll dig one out and try).

I'm guessing this is some kind of interrupt issue as the desktop click work ok.
———
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@terriblefire no problem running Frontier on 534 but 536 crashes for me too.

I have been working on a relocator for the STFM will post details when back from work later.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

Return to “EVERYTHING ELSE”