The TF536 on a CDTV (Project Abandoned)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: The TF536 on a CDTV

Post by terriblefire »

I have understood more about the workings of the cdtv.driver.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ok seeing the Warp CDTV has made me give up on the CDTV. Its back in the cupboard and I wont be doing any more work on it.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
go0se

Post by go0se »

Impressive to see that they've managed to create something so offensive that it prompted you to abandon the CDTV in disgust! :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

go0se wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:49 am Impressive to see that they've managed to create something so offensive that it prompted you to abandon the CDTV in disgust! :)
I want to put my effort where its needed.
———
utri007

Post by utri007 »

OK, no CDTV accelerator for me. :( Warp CDTV is just piece of paper currently. If it would ever materialize cost of accelerator would be 499€ without a CPU. It is not just a a accelerator, it is multipurpose board quite much stuff on it. I would like to get just an accelerator.

So Stephen, could you reconsider CDTV support?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

As i've said about 100 times now. The issue with CDTV support is entirely software. I dont feel like fixing the driver just so the Warp guys can sell their thing. Let them do it. I've already put months of effort into this.

EDIT: in other words i will put 2000 hours of effort into this and they will make a lot of money from it. No thanks. I'll let them fix it.
———
utri007

Post by utri007 »

with all respect, I think that it is not even remotely possible, that anyone could do money with CDTV. CS-Labs has said many times that Amiga is just a hobby for them and they do what they do just because they can.Even if they solve CD-drive system, they don't need to make it public.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

utri007 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:44 pm with all respect, I think that it is not even remotely possible, that anyone could do money with CDTV. CS-Labs has said many times that Amiga is just a hobby for them and they do what they do just because they can.Even if they solve CD-drive system, they don't need to make it public.
Well yes they do because the driver will have to be fixed exactly the same for the TF and the Warp. They have to release the binary at least insofar as the system can read the cdtv.device. I have sold one of my CDTVs and the other will stay in my cupboard. I may sell it too. I have too many projects and i need to simplify. If others are working on the same thing i will drop my version.
———

Return to “TF536”