The TF536 on a CDTV (Project Abandoned)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

go0se

Re: The TF536 on a CDTV

Post by go0se »

utri007 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:16 pm @go0se Looks very promising. I would like to reserver one relocator and TF536 for CDTV, if you accept reservations in this point?
Let's not get too carried away, I haven't even ordered the prototypes yet! :lol: Once they arrive then I can verify that they a) fit exactly as intended b) they work as they should.

TerribleFire also has to find time to drop the modified CDTV firmware for the 536 amongst the litany of other tasks that he currently has on the go.

Once all that has happened then sure, I'll build you a 536 :) .

P.S.

Once I've tested the relocators then I'll put the Kicad project and gerbers up here. I don't want to waste anyone's money ordering these now if they don't work properly!
bartekmalysz

Post by bartekmalysz »

@terriblefire pm me please re CDTV.

@go0se this is fantastic! What about IDE connector in this setup? Going one step further, is it possible to attach long enough tape to fit CF card adapter in memory card slot?
bartekmalysz

Post by bartekmalysz »

QQ, what are your experiences of running PC Task with TF536 and is it realistic for CDTV?
bartekmalysz

Post by bartekmalysz »

go0se wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:09 pm
utri007 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:37 pm There is a 461 members in facebook's CDTV user group.

CDTV is most sexy Amiga ever. :) and like most "sexy things" it might be little difficult in person.
I'm assuming that most of those members are bots ;)

Perhaps get all 461 to PM TerribleFire here asking for a CDTV version of the 536 firmware with autoconfig disabled. I know he would enjoy that! :shock:
you just have to get word around, plus mind you a lot of the market currently is actually those who were 9-16 of age when CDTV was around, they got better jobs, can afford more expensive toys and want to relive they childhood memories. For these people when they see immaculate condition 30 years old computer that performs the demand will be there. All it takes is to spread the word around. Maybe it would be worth sending one to Dan Wood, RetroManCave, RetroFuture, etc. You get my drift. This relatively small market and easy to control. My opinion anyway.
bartekmalysz

Post by bartekmalysz »

@terriblefire apologies if I'm being daft here, but how much work it is to get USB implementation to TF536 and some pinouts to connect ports?
go0se

Post by go0se »

I'm not sure anyone out there is going to be making their fortune off the back of the CDTV! :lol:
@bartekmalysz yeah i'll take that CDTV... how much?
I think you should do a good price for TerribleFire on this CDTV, - his haggling strategy needs a little bit of polish! :lol:

As a kid I always wanted a CDTV, I used to gaze longingly the one in the window of my local computer shop every time I walked past. Now, 28 years later my dreams have come true! ;)
bartekmalysz

Post by bartekmalysz »

I used to own one in 1993, which in Poland at the time was a luxury. It broke so we just trashed it and went for PC :cry: :cry:

And no thank you, I'm Polish :lol: already
go0se

Post by go0se »

bartekmalysz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 pm Going one step further, is it possible to attach long enough tape to fit CF card adapter in memory card slot?
TF has added a buffer option to the IDE header on the 536 so that you can use implausibly long IDE cables if you wish. I assume this will work the same way with the CDTV once the other hurdles have been overcome.
go0se

Post by go0se »

bartekmalysz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:12 pm @terriblefire apologies if I'm being daft here, but how much work it is to get USB implementation to TF536 and some pinouts to connect ports?
I don't think this is going to happen....
bartekmalysz

Post by bartekmalysz »

So this is the only option?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174318590601

Return to “TF536”