Limited TF536 Run - Sort of Sales (All gone)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Limited TF536 Run - Sort of Sales (All gone)

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Same here, happy to take 20x pcbs asap
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

If i make no changes to the circuit then i'm happy to go up to 50/100 pieces. With changes i'd at least like to try em out myself before selling them
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
go0se

Post by go0se »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:02 pm Same here, happy to take 20x pcbs asap
8BIt, I think you mentioned previously that you built the 536 with essentially the TF330 BOM? Did you try the revised firmware with the card built this way or did did you change out some part values based on the later BOM in this thread?

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... bom#p31413
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

go0se wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:35 pm
8 Bit Dreams wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:02 pm Same here, happy to take 20x pcbs asap
8BIt, I think you mentioned previously that you built the 536 with essentially the TF330 BOM? Did you try the revised firmware with the card built this way or did did you change out some part values based on the later BOM in this thread?
That's coorect, ive used bom from TF330 card to build mine, it is pretty same except for 6 level shifters instead of 4,
Haven't changed FW to latest one, as this TF536 sits in CDTV atm and it works nice without crashes,
cpld is not getting hot on this one...
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
go0se

Post by go0se »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 pm
If you get a chance try the new updated firmware on your card. I also initially built the card using the 330 BOM. It was stable on my A500 and + setups with no issues using the original firmware TF provided.

When I updated to the newer firmware that fixed issues for Alen and others it started to guru on cold boot and display artifacts when running games.

I decided that having built it using essentially the wrong BOM that it wasn't a fair test and that I should rebuild the card using the published component values from the BOM in this thread.

Unfortunately I got sidetracked by other commitments but will try and get that done this evening.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Ok, posting in the correct thread this time.

I'm having trouble getting my A500 plus to boot with the TF536, thecard itself passes Diagrom tests on the Amiga and.on an ST. It even boots on the ST.

Which firmware have you guys had the greatest luck with? I'm using the latest version on this thread at the mo.

I dont get any floppy activity and the main power Led stays at half brightness when I put an 3.1 4 wb rom in.

Any thoughts?

(All chips look good under the microscope)
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

PhilC wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:14 pm Which firmware have you guys had the greatest luck with? I'm using the latest version on this thread at the mo.
So far you're the only one reporting an issue with that firmware.

If DiagROM boots i'd suggest trying a different CPU? Maybe not happy at 50Mhz?

EDIT: DiagROM will never execute code in fast ram which is what is required to get up to 50Mhz.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Ok cool, will give it a go and see.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

Hi, been following this project for a while,
Looks like this will be an excellent addition to hardware options for the Amiga. :D
Thank you Stephen

Just a heads up on ordering PCBs from JLCPCB, I just ordered some 2 layer boards, but there is a note on the website that indicates that they are not processing 4 layer or above ATM (approx 2 week delay at this stage, but with Corona running unchecked this may blow out).
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah i get updates from JLC regularly.

I'm not expecting to get anything before April now.
———

Return to “TF536”