Limited TF536 Run - Sort of Sales (All gone)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Limited TF536 Run - Sort of Sales (All gone)

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:21 pm I did for the first one, not the second one. The first one is the one that was working fine on your machine.

Maybe I’ll try it up later today again. Its been sitting for months unused.
I tried this in a A2000/A500/CDTV... no issues at all.. very strange.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
chucky

Post by chucky »

wrong type of cpld or something weird like that?
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Nothing, still the same. Works only if the CPLD is freezing cold. It's the strangest thing I have ever seen.

Look if it works for you guys, great, but I won't build this one. I don't want support nightmares.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:56 pm Nothing, still the same. Works only if the CPLD is freezing cold. It's the strangest thing I have ever seen.

Look if it works for you guys, great, but I won't build this one. I don't want support nightmares.
Well i dont like ignoring a red flag even if its an odd one. I can say for sure that that board you sent over to me was working perfectly in the CDTV.

I'd like to figure out whats different
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Couple of random thoughts: I used a C variant of the CPLD instead of the I. They are identical except for the fact that the I variant is supposed to operate at higher temperatures (but to be honest I am running this at room temp, and it's winter so it's not like we ever get very hot at all, so in theory it shouldn't matter).

Could it be EM interference? Such as cell phone towers operating at a certain frequency, OTA TV and such? Very esoteric this one.

But that's what I can think of.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:09 pm Couple of random thoughts: I used a C variant of the CPLD instead of the I. They are identical except for the fact that the I variant is supposed to operate at higher temperatures (but to be honest I am running this at room temp, and it's winter so it's not like we ever get very hot at all, so in theory it shouldn't matter).

Could it be EM interference? Such as cell phone towers operating at a certain frequency, OTA TV and such? Very esoteric this one.

But that's what I can think of.
Its unlikely to be interference as its a 4 layer board... i can spark a BBQ lighter over the top of mine and nothing happens. More likely its a marginal contact in your setup somewhere. Cooling the CPLD keeps the edges at their sharpest. I could probably beef up the caps on the CPLD and see if that helps.
———
chucky

Post by chucky »

ohh about caps. running the board for like 4+ hours yesterday..

today I noticed. I never put in one single cap yet :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

chucky wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:18 am ohh about caps. running the board for like 4+ hours yesterday..

today I noticed. I never put in one single cap yet :)
*cough* yes.. erm.... and the SDRAM runs at 100Mhz... Maybe tell Matze this. ;)
———
Marmes

Post by Marmes »

oh crap I'm felling so behind on all this. I wish I saw this earlier :|
Subzero79

Post by Subzero79 »

alenppc wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:56 pm Nothing, still the same. Works only if the CPLD is freezing cold. It's the strangest thing I have ever seen.

I think most probaly is problemm with ur psu or u 3.3 volt ic check for good socket contact with pins.replace 3.3 voltage regulator and ensure good ground with the socket .

Return to “TF536”