TF536 Sales ... Batch 3 No Longer Available.

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF536 Sales Suspended

Post by terriblefire »

amimjf wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:55 pm Guys like Rob Taylor who did the A500++ and C64 boards setup a Tindie store, the think whatever the cut Tindie take is worth it to have a middle man.

Just an option, try not to take the stupid people to personally, it's just 3% of society.
I found its much better just to exclusively supply the builder team. But there was a bit of moaning about this so i expanded it.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
amimjf

Post by amimjf »

Seen boards on ami/eBay for £150 ish, probably cost me close to that to build my own, throw in a few fake 030's and it's about the same.

Pretty far away from the £400 Blizzard B's are going for.
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

I have run a few customer service businesses and there is always those few that are just A-holes, hence farming is the go now.
Totally understand your frustration @terriblefire hobbies should be soul building not stress enhancers.
At least in business I could hurt the buggers at the pocket level when they were being unreasonable.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF536 Sales ... Batch 3 No Longer Available.

Post by terriblefire »

All the boards in this batch have been sold now as bulk orders. Some of them I assume will appear in @exxos's store soon.

The small number of people giving me hassle over this has ruined it for everyone because it was not something i really wanted to do anyway so it was an easy decision to make.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:35 pm All the boards in this batch have been sold now as bulk orders. Some of them I assume will appear in @exxos's store soon.
Cool, will have to have a word with @exxos then :D how many were left out of interest?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
tgca

Post by tgca »

if there are any available, I am interested in purchasing
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I will have about 30 in my store. Please note this is what is left from batch 3. As such to keep it fair to people, I will likely limit to 2 or 3 PCBs per customer, as I think it would be unfair if one person purchased all 30.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
tgca

Post by tgca »

Ok 3 pcs for me too.

Kindly I would like to be contacted as soon as available.

Regards.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

As I said in the above post, they will be in my store when I have them and I will let people know in this thread only. I do not operate like terriblefire does in sending PMs and payment requests etc. You just buy them in my store, that is it. Postage is calculated in the store, so please dont bug me for quotes.

Have some patience people!
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
nine

Post by nine »

That is incredibly sad to hear and honestly it's really a nuisance when, in spite of both knowing that self builds are own responsibility - even with guided community support - someone decides to take their anger out in a tirade against yourself. I guess the post has been deleted since I can't see it in the author's recent post history.

I see a lot of people in this community doing wonderful work to provide upgrades to Amigas and Ataris and it's a crying shame when someone loses their crap like this. I'm still gobsmacked by the TF series accelerators (and cmorley's memory expansions). I had placed purchasing a second hand accelerator out of financial range owing to how much 90s-era accelerators are selling for.

Again incredibly sorry to hear this; I am extremely grateful for your work.

Return to “TF536”