Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3453
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by PhilC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick post to ask if there is any interest from the community for ready built TF536 boards set up to work with the H4 and ST?

Cost TBC or can possibly build the boards for you for a builder fee etc.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

philbo34
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:46 am

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by philbo34 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 pm

depending on final cost. yeah.
i have to boards bought but tbh i think the skill level needed is past mine at the mo .
phil

gebes
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by gebes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:46 pm

I have an Atari 1040ste, that's been updated with dual tos and 4gb ram. I'd be interested in a fully assembled TF536 if possible for this model. I can post pictures of under the hood if it helps at all ?

User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3453
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by PhilC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 pm

gebes wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:46 pm
I have an Atari 1040ste, that's been updated with dual tos and 4gb ram. I'd be interested in a fully assembled TF536 if possible for this model. I can post pictures of under the hood if it helps at all ?
I'm not sure that its going to be possible for an STE unfortunately, the TF536 works with a DIL 68K but the STe's have a PLCC68 and would need an adaptor. It is fir to say that @kludge I think was working on an adaptor but i'm not sure of the level of success, that and it was for an Amiga A600 initially.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3453
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by PhilC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 pm

philbo34 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 pm
depending on final cost. yeah.
i have to boards bought but tbh i think the skill level needed is past mine at the mo .
phil
Thats the bit I have to work out
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

gebes
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by gebes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:58 pm

PhilC wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 pm
gebes wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:46 pm
I have an Atari 1040ste, that's been updated with dual tos and 4gb ram. I'd be interested in a fully assembled TF536 if possible for this model. I can post pictures of under the hood if it helps at all ?
I'm not sure that its going to be possible for an STE unfortunately, the TF536 works with a DIL 68K but the STe's have a PLCC68 and would need an adaptor. It is fir to say that @kludge I think was working on an adaptor but i'm not sure of the level of success, that and it was for an Amiga A600 initially.
No worries, thank you for explaining :)

philbo34
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:46 am

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by philbo34 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:28 pm

convert it to boxes of aero for the grandkids lol

User avatar
JezC
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by JezC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:39 pm

Hi @PhilC, Yes I'd be interested...almost certainly one, possibly in two for my H4 boards.

As always, price is a factor (but more relating to the timescale rather than the actual purchase...and funds might only allow for one rather than two).

Would ideally be a fully assembled & tested build for me.

No time pressure on my side - need to find a way to save up some funds first! :( :ball:

User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3453
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by PhilC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:44 pm

@JezC fully assembled is what I'd really ne looking at doing, giving the end user a couple of options such as amount of ram and cpu type if possible.

No idea of cost yet but will put some figures together over the next few days.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11801
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/exxosuk
Contact:

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by exxos » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:49 pm

@PhilC I think @JezC buys literally everything :lol:
:threadjacked:
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Post Reply

Return to “TF536”