Is the silkscreen wrong on the power connector?

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

derkom

Is the silkscreen wrong on the power connector?

Post by derkom »

Is the PWR2 connector on the TF536 labelled backwards?
The pin labelled GND definitely appears to be connected to VCC on the 68k, and +5V is connected to the ground plane on the board.
Possibly this problem was referenced here?

Edit: Text kept for posterity and appropriate levels of embarrassment for myself. Do not pay any attention to this. I was wrong. Silkscreen is correct.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Is the silkscreen wrong on the power connector?

Post by terriblefire »

Very probably.

Dont trust my silkscreens.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

Silkscreen is fine. I program the CPLDs with that polarity, so it must be correct.
go0se

Post by go0se »

The power labels on the 536 rev2b are correct, TF fixed this on an earlier revision. The image is deceiving as +5V looks like it is surrounded by GND but is actually connected to an internal power layer. The +5V on the 68K is connected to GND via a decoupling/smoothing capacitor, not directly.
derkom

Post by derkom »

go0se wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:47 am The power labels on the 536 rev2b are correct, TF fixed this on an earlier revision. The image is deceiving as +5V looks like it is surrounded by GND but is actually connected to an internal power layer. The +5V on the 68K is connected to GND via a decoupling/smoothing capacitor, not directly.
Oh gosh, this is why I shouldn't work too late at night. :blonde: Of course that is a decoupling cap, and for some reason I just didn't realise it last night.

Apologies to all. :oops: Nobody listen to this thread and accidentally hook it up backwards. :lol:
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

derkom wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:58 am Apologies to all. :oops: Nobody listen to this thread and accidentally hook it up backwards. :lol:
No worries there Pal, there isn't one of us that hasn't popped a board with the wrong polarity :)

Return to “TF536”