TF536 firmware upgrade impact 10.1 cable not found problem

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

GadgetUK164

Re: TF536 firmware upgrade impact 10.1 cable not found problem

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:38 pm
GadgetUK164 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:37 pm The wierd thing though - my machine I have Impact installed on is Win 10 64 bit... I just cannot remember what I did when I installed Impact.
I installed the programming tools for ISE 14.7. Its the only one that works with Win 10.
Impact 10.1 does work on Win 10 64 bit!!! But the main IDE for ISE doesn't. If I want to do anything with the main IDE I have to boot into XP.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:55 pm
terriblefire wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:38 pm

I installed the programming tools for ISE 14.7. Its the only one that works with Win 10.
Impact 10.1 does work on Win 10 64 bit!!! But the main IDE for ISE doesn't. If I want to do anything with the main IDE I have to boot into XP.
Every version of ISE comes with a nt64 and nt version.. You need to start the nt64 binary to get USB support

You also need to fix the portability binaries to NOSH versions or it will crash every time you open a dialog. Search the xilinx site.

https://www.micro-nova.com/xilinx-ise-win10
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:01 am
GadgetUK164 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:55 pm

Every version of ISE comes with a nt64 and nt version.. You need to start the nt64 binary to get USB support

You also need to fix the portability binaries to NOSH versions or it will crash every time you open a dialog. Search the xilinx site.
See here - it works for me! I saw that on the Xilinx site when trying to work out how to get the main IDE working (and I never did), but the Impact 10.1 part works on its own without issue.
impact.png
impact.png (250.22 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
EDIT: There's a chance I registered a DLL to fix this, I honestly cannot remember. I do remember investigating those portability dlls.
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

When you install ISE 10.1, make sure you untick everything else, except for Standalone Programming Tools. Then when the next section of options appears, make sure you tick everything there (including the cable driver). That should install Impact 10.1 without the ISE development suite.

It will then install the drivers, one is called Jungo or something, the other is Xilinx (accept the install of both). Then in theory next time you connect the programmer it should just work.

The "Browse" button will bomb the app out btw (as will any of the file open options on the main menu - that's the bit that's borked with 64bit). Don't click that when Impact launches. Just close that dialogue, double click on the left side where is says Boundary Scan, and then right click in the right pane and select Initialize Chain. From there the dialogue to select the .jed file should work fine.

I've just repeated the install on my new PC here (Win 10 64bit) and it's working!
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I recently bought a second chinese Xilinx programmer and it doesnt behave like the first one. Its appears as a Digilent USB Programmer or something.

It needed a plugin to be seen in IMpact.

For the original issue of this thread i think just confirming you are starting the 64bit version will help as the 32 bit version will not see any usb devices.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:34 am I recently bought a second chinese Xilinx programmer and it doesnt behave like the first one.
Yes same here and one will only work with the ISE that it came bundled with.
I am thinking that maybe the cables are being actively blocked by the original software, as I have downloaded and installed it and neither cables will detect and one cable works in both bundled software and the other only works in one.

It seems like a potential minefield.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

PaulJ_2.0 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:43 am Yes same here and one will only work with the ISE that it came bundled with.
I am thinking that maybe the cables are being actively blocked by the original software, as I have downloaded and installed it and neither cables will detect and one cable works in both bundled software and the other only works in one.

It seems like a potential minefield.
I checked... the dvd that came with it is blank lol.
———
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:46 am I checked... the dvd that came with it is blank lol.
I'm glad you put a lol at the end there as I almost felt guilty at laughing myself.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I have this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xilinx-Platf ... 2749.l2649

It sees everything but writes rubbish to the CPLD.
———
Gotang

Post by Gotang »

Well a update reinstalled pc and tryed again just cant get impact to see this thing i even installed it on my old ibm xp laptop and it dont work on there
can anyone point me to what i need to get to use a ip thing ready to throw this thing out the window lol
i know zero about pis by the way

Return to “TF536”