TF536 compatibility with GVP HC+8 in A2000

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

matt020

TF536 compatibility with GVP HC+8 in A2000

Post by matt020 »

Hi all,

Just thought I would start a new thread for users of the TF536 in an A2000 who are using or attempting to use a GVP HC+8 SCSI card.

I have recently bought a GVP HC+8 and attempts to get it running in the A2000 have been fruitless. The best I could achieve was booting into Workbench only if no devices were attached. Once an attached device was polled by the card, it would crash.

I have tried with and without memory. I have tried with 8mb installed, and 2mb installed. The card boots with 8mb but the system will crash anytime the 8mb on the card is accessed by the system. The A2000 will not boot with 0 memory installed.

The card I have has a GuruROM so I have removed the autoboot jumper, and added the GVPSCSI icon to the Workbench Expansion drawer. The system boots until the card is added to the system, and again, it works until the card polls or accesses any devices on the SCSI chain.

I have had no luck. And the results seem similar to the A2091.

Edit: I have Rev6.2 motherboard, a TF536, and 2mb chipmem add-on. No other cards or devices.
stephen_usher

Re: TF536 compatibility with GVP HC+8 in A2000

Post by stephen_usher »

Having had a (very) quick read up on Zorro II, could this be a bus mastering issue?

Are there any other Zorro II cards which do background DMA which as known to work with the TF536 and the current firmware?
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

Return to “TF536”