TF536 Bugs

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF536 Bugs

Post by terriblefire »

theq wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:12 pm Only advice I can give is try to rise above people acting like a-holes and ignoring those leeches. They will always be around, but if you don't give them too much attention they will hopefully wither and die.....
I'm actually not bothered now because i have structured things so that people cannot directly contact me and so that people cannot either have my new boards or get updates to the older ones that i make. People mouthing off do absolutely nothing but validate my approach.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I've deleted an attempt for this argument to spill over onto this forum. I'll summarise then the topic will get locked.

1. I do not manufacture or sell PCBs personally or in a business capacity.
2. I understand and am comfortable with the risk level I take having designed the TF536.
3. Point 2 is not open for discussion because its *MY* risk level.
4. Saying something is "the law" is plain stupid. Get a judge to enforce it or i'm not interested.

Point 4 is something I really want to emphasise. Firstly because an armchair lawyer often misses the exception clauses of which there are many and secondly because a law is pretty much meaningless unless it can be enforced. It will cost someone thousands of pounds to bring this matter to court and try and force me to fix something that cost £15. Honestly no lawyer would touch that case.

People who try and say you have to do something because it is "the law" are basically bullies. I am not interested in this nonsense.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

For the sake of putting this argument to bed 100%... Even if I accepted I was liable... which I dont.

Consumer Rights Act 2015, Section 23 Subsection 3.
The consumer cannot require the trader to repair or replace the goods if that remedy (the repair or the replacement)—
(a)is impossible, or
(b)is disproportionate compared to the other of those remedies.
If its a design flaw then I will argue (a) otherwise I will argue (b). A refund is more proportionate than thousands of hours development.

Case closed.

There is no Judge on this planet that wouldn't think that "if you dont like it you can have a refund" is fair and proportionate in this circumstance. And I am happy to take that hit if people are unhappy with what they've got.
———

Return to “TF536”