TF536 Firmare Update RC3

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF536 Firmare Update RC3

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah those $30 XIlinx programmers off ebay are quirky as all hell. A $9 Pi Zero is far easier IMHO.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

alenppc wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 pm
Gleylancer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 pm
That looks like a much easier way, I'll just get one of those. Thank you.
Please be aware that you will most likely need a 32 bit windows to run the Xilinx ISE (14.1) and the programmer drivers. Even if you have an old WinXP machine it will be fine.
Another possibly software option, if I remember correctly, the last update I did was back in August 20, 536s are still in storage ATM, pretty sure I just used a linux virtual machine with the cheap Xilinx programmer then.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

There are many options but its not a case of updating a file on a CF card or swapping an SD card out. You cant program one from the Amiga itself yet because the amiga is using the CPLD to run the bus while its doing the update...
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
sampedenawa

Post by sampedenawa »

BennehBoy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 pm
alenppc wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 pm

Please be aware that you will most likely need a 32 bit windows to run the Xilinx ISE (14.1) and the programmer drivers. Even if you have an old WinXP machine it will be fine.
There's a workaround to get it to work on 64bit win10, couple of files to replace. Details on here -> https://alchitry.com/pages/installing-ise
Never had any issue nor had to replace any file with Win7 x64 ...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

sampedenawa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:05 pm Never had any issue nor had to replace any file with Win7 x64 ...
Win7 is ancient now.. my grandmother called and wants her OS back....
———
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:35 pm
I still use W7, don't like the telemetry on W10, it reports everything you do back to Bill Gates :) or maybe i am grumpy old man.

Yes Sir, I can boogie :)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't ken, I've seen motors on fire, on the shoulder near Kinryan, I have watched vejazels glitter in the dark, at the black Trongate, awe these moments, will be lost in time, like beers ... when I'm hame. Time to fry"
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Duncan wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:41 pm
terriblefire wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:35 pm
I still use W7, don't like the telemetry on W10, it reports everything you do back to Bill Gates :) or maybe i am grumpy old man.

Yes Sir, I can boogie :)
Hear, hear... I just upgraded my pc and it was hard as hell finding the latest one that will still run Win7, I will never use Win10.

My other pc runs XP.
derkom

Post by derkom »

Not that it should be necessary to play this game in the first place, but Windows 10 can be convinced to stop sending virtually all the telemetry type data via the use of tools like Privatezilla and O&O ShutUp10.
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

I'm not that fussed what gets sent anywhere, my life isn't that interesting. Win10 has never crashed on me (without me causing it with my stoopids), even then I can be confident that it happened no more than 5 times in all the years I've used it. It's simple to use and runs/looks great.

Win10 is a Winner as far as I am concerned. I use my ebay programmer on 64bit with no issues. I bought a backup from ebay last year and that too worked out of the box. Oh and I use impact 10 and 13.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Aye i have 2 modern Win10 PCs, an iMac 2020 and Macbook pro.. all the evil. :)
———

Return to “TF536”