Icky's H4 Mongrel edition build x 2

Topic for users to share their building progress.
PaulJ

Re: Icky's H4 Mongrel edition build x 2

Post by PaulJ »

Icky looks great. What is the floppy power leads going over to the simm? Just curious.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:51 pm Icky looks great. What is the floppy power leads going over to the simm? Just curious.
Its not.. its folded back to the PSU connector bank.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:54 pm
PaulJ wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:51 pm Icky looks great. What is the floppy power leads going over to the simm? Just curious.
Its not.. its folded back to the PSU connector bank.
Yep - just a long floppy power cable and as @exxos said its folder over to the power connectors.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Well I tried out the HDMI / DVI Shifter from @Smonson today on the H4. I am not going back :) it works and the screen quality is superb. https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =330#p2021

A photo just doesn't do it justice.

IMG_4723.jpeg
IMG_4723.jpeg (100.24 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

But it looks great in the photo too :dualthumbup:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

That really looks great, haven't seen any movement on for a while. @Smonson is this something that's going to be available to a wider audience? Anyway it really looks good in the picture! Nice job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Smonson

Post by Smonson »

PaulJ wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:55 pm That really looks great, haven't seen any movement on for a while. @Smonson is this something that's going to be available to a wider audience? Anyway it really looks good in the picture! Nice job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I made a prototype for the version 6 of the mod, which has everything on one board (no mating boards anymore) - but for some reason, it didn't work. I've made a few changes for the next version, but Christmas wiped out all my cash, and so did my H4 mouser order :D
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Smonson wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:08 am
PaulJ wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:55 pm That really looks great, haven't seen any movement on for a while. @Smonson is this something that's going to be available to a wider audience? Anyway it really looks good in the picture! Nice job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I made a prototype for the version 6 of the mod, which has everything on one board (no mating boards anymore) - but for some reason, it didn't work. I've made a few changes for the next version, but Christmas wiped out all my cash, and so did my H4 mouser order :D
Just checking to see if it might become available at a later date. :) Looks like ya did a really nice job Smonson. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Smonson

Post by Smonson »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:34 am Just checking to see if it might become available at a later date. :) Looks like ya did a really nice job Smonson. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Thanks Paul! The plan is 100% for people to be able to get hold of these mods, I just ran into technical issues that are outside my skill set. The other thread is up to date with the state of the project.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Perfect Sunday morning for a coffee and contemplating how to start building the next H4 board ready for the FPGA and Amigo boards.

IMG_5025.jpeg
IMG_5025.jpeg (191.92 KiB) Viewed 3105 times

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”