JezC H4 Build - in slow time

Topic for users to share their building progress.
DoG

Re: JezC H4 Build - in slow time

Post by DoG »

JezC wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:54 pm...Results will follow at some point soon (I can't find the correct base comparison for an 8MHz STFM with TOS 1.04 & no blitter etc. yet, though I know it's been posted on the forum somewhere... :shrug: )...
Load file STFM1048.GB6 in GemBench for base test Atari (8MHz,TOS1.04).
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:bravo: :girldance: :girldance: :girldance:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Icky wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:18 pm
JezC wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:03 pm Now all I need is a nice beverage to celebrate! :logo: :cheers:
@JezC - PM me with your details and I'll send you an H4 mug for your beverage :)
@Icky PM sent - will hold off any celebratory beverages until it arrives...
JezC

Post by JezC »

DoG wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:22 pm
JezC wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:54 pm...Results will follow at some point soon (I can't find the correct base comparison for an 8MHz STFM with TOS 1.04 & no blitter etc. yet, though I know it's been posted on the forum somewhere... :shrug: )...
Load file STFM1048.GB6 in GemBench for base test Atari (8MHz,TOS1.04).
@DoG Many htanks - I will try that later today (finish work at lunch time on a Friday...) :thumbup:
JezC

Post by JezC »

exxos wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:28 am :bravo: :girldance: :girldance: :girldance:
@exxos Delighted to be part of the select H4 club.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all their hard work & great support (and the occasional good-humoured digs ;) ) :thanksblue:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

JezC wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 am @exxos Delighted to be part of the select H4 club.
:welcomewave: :girldance: :logo:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Welcome to the club :) :logo:

Knew you'd get there in the end !

:girldance: :girldance: :girldance:

:bravo:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
JezC

Post by JezC »

@rubber_jonnie Yes, though I still haven't quite "finished" the build (cartridge port, MIDI sockets, internal FDD connection & HD mod, DMA bodge board plus DAC fix still to be done, then my 16MHz exxos accelerator & IDE v1.1c board to add in) at least it's running.

I still need to identify/nominate the permanent donor for the 4x custom chips that I've borrowed from a working 520 STFM for now...it was just too convenient that this one ST had all 4 chips in sockets & booted/ran OK...

I'd better put the list of remaining work/upgrades into my topic so that I don't forget them...

And then there is #2 to finish ordering the parts for & building up...by which time there will probably be an H5 awaiting my attention :lol:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

@JezC I need to do a component roundup for my 2nd H4, but it'll be relatively slow time. I wan't to do a really nice job on it as my first had a few issues, so this time I intend for it to be perfect.

I have an Alpha board too, which I may need to raid for parts while I'm a bit short on cash. I will come back to it at some point but the damn thing never worked :(

Also waiting for that HDMI adapter!
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
JezC

Post by JezC »

@rubber_jonnie Ah yes...the lovely HDMI board...I might have to put that on my Christmas list (and hope it will be read around that time)...failing that, possibly for my birthday next year which gives them just over a year to finish it off).

I had to dig out a TV with a SCART connector to test the video on the H4...I'm wondering if I should have put a VGA socket on it instead of the 13 pin DIN...but it will probably have a Mono monitor connected most of the time (for MIDI usage when completed).

Yes, my hobby funds are depleted at the moment (hence why I've not managed to order the bits for the first IDE board)...might be lucky enough to order some bits when I get paid at the end of the month... :roll:

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”