Project: HDMI/DVI out for STFM

Progress on our FPGA cores.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Project: HDMI/DVI out for STFM

Post by Icky »

First test it was trying to spring into life but no such luck. Running the test pattern core works so at least the output side is working. Time to investigate the other areas.

IMG_0120.jpeg
IMG_0120.jpeg (36.32 KiB) Viewed 6156 times
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

A pleasant surprise this morning 2x v3 boards that have been stuck at the assembly company arrived since sending them off in October 2020.

Just goes to show the extent of the pandemic on these small businesses.Wishing them well on starting back up and getting back into the swing of things.

Any how - so far one boots although TOS crashes, the other won't program. I think i know what is wrong with the first one its around the 16MHz circuitry.

Hoping to get one of these rare beasts up and working.

IMG_0130.jpeg
IMG_0130.jpeg (247.12 KiB) Viewed 6081 times
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Well managed to get one booting although it seems to crash when turning on the Blitter so need to investigate why.

This is a good step forward that we have been waiting for although the v4 should prove to work as well. What this means is we can now start working on the sound inclusion into the HDMi stream completing the HDMI out as video and audio from the ST.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Blitter shouldn't affect the shifter.. Maybe just pull up issue on the bus ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:34 pm Blitter shouldn't affect the shifter.. Maybe just pull up issue on the bus ?
That's what I was thinking as its the H5 I was having issues with the other day with pull-ups when we were testing the TF536 REV3 but they are all patched unless I have missed something.

It also didn't help I flashed the board with some test firmware that was running the 32MHz clock off of the internal FPGA 50MHz clock.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

It was one of the pull-ups on the address lines on my H5 Pull-up patch board. This is why i spun the SMT version and have some on order.

Incidentally the V3 and V4 are identical all be it layout and the 5V <-> 3V transceivers. V4 was spun to improve layout for assembly.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

The V3 board has been soak testing for 24 hours running GemBench in a loop. I had noticed with the previous version sometimes and not very often a slight glitch where the screen flickered. This one has been rock solid.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@Icky I sometimes wonder if you and @exxos actually have time to sleep.

It'll be on my purchase list once I've got a new hdmi monitor
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Definitely on my list too! :)
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS-Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 1040
nokturnal

Post by nokturnal »

I have one suggestions for this design (I'm not sure how final this design is). I dislike connectors directly soldered on board (it was made in this way in SuperVidel for example). Would it be possible to add connector on cable (as it was made with for example Sophia2 for AtariXL/XE). Like here: https://thebrewingacademy.com/products/ ... eplacement ?
saulot/[nokturnal]
------------------------
www: https://nokturnal.pl

Return to “FPGA DEVELOPMENT”