Re-Cap or Replacement for Atari TT PSU

Repairs & upgrades.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re-Cap or Replacement for Atari TT PSU

Post by Icky »

The work exxos is doing on PSUs for the Atari ST and Falcon are admirable. It helps us to prolong the life of these old machines. However I was wondering where the TT fits into this and if the TT PSU has been looked at for a reCap, a replacement or is it so similar to the MegaSTE or Falcon that it could be retrofitted.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re-Cap or Replacement for Atari TT PSU

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:07 pm The work exxos is doing on PSUs for the Atari ST and Falcon are admirable. It helps us to prolong the life of these old machines. However I was wondering where the TT fits into this and if the TT PSU has been looked at for a reCap, a replacement or is it so similar to the MegaSTE or Falcon that it could be retrofitted.
As far as I know, the TT & MSTE power supply of the same unit ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

If that is the case then I feel a reCap purchase from yourself is in order. I have just acquired a TT and when it arrives I’ll pop it open to confirm.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yes TT and MSTE has the same PSU. Exxos sells a PSU recap for it on his webstore, I bought it myself.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Steve wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:33 am Yes TT and MSTE has the same PSU. Exxos sells a PSU recap for it on his webstore, I bought it myself.
Thanks for confirming Steve. I too purchased the reCap for a MegaSTE a couple of weeks ago. One order coming up for the TT :D
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Yes, as pointed out by others it should be the same.
To be 100% sure however, take a look at what it says on the PSU (the label on top, underneath or on the PCB itself) when it arrives. It should read "Phihong PSM-5341". If you haven't recapped before I've written a "how to" on that specific PSU.

Good luck with that TT!
STe | MonSTer with dual IDE-CF memory card adapter | NEC Multisync 1990SXi | ST_ESSC | RSVE | Link '97 | Sony HD floppy drive/AJAX controller | Exxos HD floppy module | Battery-backed Ricoh realtime clock module | Discovery cartridge | C-Lab Unitor-2 | C-Lab Export | C-Lab Combiner | C-Lab Steady Eye | C-Lab Human Touch | Unicorn USB

Are you a good person?
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Pacman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:09 pm Yes, as pointed out by others it should be the same.
To be 100% sure however, take a look at what it says on the PSU (the label on top, underneath or on the PCB itself) when it arrives. It should read "Phihong PSM-5341". If you haven't recapped before I've written a "how to" on that specific PSU.

Good luck with that TT!
Thanks Pacman - the guide is very comprehensive and I see you have used the same fan as the one I put in my MegaSTE after re-capping.

The TT arrived and after popping open it was indeed the same PHIHONG PSM-5341 PSU as the MegaSTE. I seem to of lucked out on the TT. It came with a MegTT FastRam card including being populated with 128MB.

Return to “PSU (power supplies)”