Atari TT / MegaSTE ATX-PSU adapter

Repairs & upgrades.
Steve

Re: Atari TT / MegaSTE ATX-PSU adapter

Post by Steve »

derkom wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:28 am If you consider it a completed design at this point, do you mind sharing the PCB you've built for the -5V regulator? When I first started looking at doing this kind of project myself (inspired by the same old page you linked), I was anticipating building something on protoboard like I did when building the new PSU for the Mindset a few months ago, but a tidy real PCB would be nicer. :D
Hey Derkom, thanks for the kind words but I didn't make the PCB, it is the work of Rodolphe. I have already shared his Eagle files in post #1.
derkom

Post by derkom »

Haha whoops. :oops: Clearly I'm following too many threads to remember what any of them actually have for content. :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Just an update guys. I managed to source enough parts to put some full kits together. If anyone needs one let me know. To cover costs of sourcing parts and tiny ATX supplies I'll sell the kits for £50 each.

Video demonstrating the kit and testing the voltages:

PXL_20201114_151145992.jpg
PXL_20201114_151145992.jpg (357.63 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
copson

Post by copson »

Hi Steve, very interesting posts!
I have a bare TT motherboard which I bought a few years ago without case and power supply, so I would like to order a kit from you, if you still have them.

Thanks!

/C
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

copson wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:14 am I tried to post this as PM but I guess as I new user I was not allowed so please use my email for further replies
There is no restriction for new users sending PM's to people..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
copson

Post by copson »

exxos wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:37 am There is no restriction for new users sending PM's to people..
Thanks, was probably just too impatient as I only saw my message ending up in the outbox and just assumed it worked like another known (Atari)forum :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

copson wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:03 pm Thanks, was probably just too impatient as I only saw my message ending up in the outbox and just assumed it worked like another known (Atari)forum :)
if it is in the outbox then it just simply has not been read yet..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Just to let anyone else who reads this forum post later - all my kits are now gone. If you need this kind of thing yourself the files for building your own PCB are in the first post.

PS - just make sure you use a proper ATX PSU, not a Pico, as the Pico (any pico) doesn't provide enough power on the -12v rail for the conversion to -5v on the TT. You need minimum 0.5amps on the -12v

Return to “PSU (power supplies)”