Saving shipping address

News and information about the exxos store. Includes common questions and answers, plus information on new items for sale or items which will be coming off sale soon etc
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saving shipping address

Post by exxos »

Currently the store requires you to type in your address each time. I know chrome can auto fill fields etc, but it doesn't always fill the right stuff in.

I was thinking that forum users could have their address in their profile ( would not be pubically visible ) and the store can read it in automatically. I've added the profile option, but would people use that feature if I tweaked the store script to use it ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Re: Saving shipping address

Post by JezC »

I'd be happy to use it (and save typing it in all the time)...the only complication is whether to put my home address or my works address :lol: :roll:

I'll resist the urge to request support multiple delivery addresses like Amazon et al as I'd rather @exxos had time to develop more wonderful Atari kit rather than playing with the scripts for his store...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I guess the workaround would still mean you would have to enter the address.just it would be populated with the address set in your profile by default.

True most sites allow multiple options, but that would need people have have a registered account. I hate having to sign up with sites to order stuff, so its why I don't force people to do that in my store. That would be a lot of work and won't get done.

Though as people are signed up with the forum, that can store an address and be read by the store script without to much bother. I'm really just trying to limit people messing up their address all the time. Some people order multiple times and have bits added or missing from the address each time, so its causing work again to figure out which is the correct one to use. When it gets to emailing people it just takes up more time and more delays... I'm just trying to limit all the chaos a bit somehow. I shouldn't have to spend time policing peoples addresses all the time :roll: some people can't even enter the right country :roll:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
DrF

Post by DrF »

You know what drives me mad and it still happens on some sites even now when they ask for a billing address and delivery address and there's no option to copy it over or any kind of checkbox thing for it and you have to type all the crap in again, to be fair i'm really lazy :lol:

I found out that adding a billing address just added something else for stores to check adding delays and most the time cancelling the order anyhow... this was way back when internet shopping was new.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Quite happy to store just one address & be able to copy that over & edit it as needed. :thumbup:

After all, it should be your preferred delivery address...not the only one you would ever deliver to. :lol: :?

Most important is that it doesn't take much of your time & does end up saving you time in the long run.

Return to “EXXOS WEBSTORE INFORMATION”