Postal Service undoubtably going to be under great strain again at Christmas

News and information about the exxos store. Includes common questions and answers, plus information on new items for sale or items which will be coming off sale soon etc
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postal Service undoubtably going to be under great strain again at Christmas

Post by exxos »

We are fast approaching the beginning of November and I feel I need to point out to people, that ordering stuff from my store should be done as soon as possible because the post will likely come to a standstill December and possibly into January.

Christmas time post was pretty dreadful even before the pandemic hit. I suspect the post will likely end with a backlog of two months or maybe more.

Would be useful if people could make a note in this thread if they order from my store, particularly outside of the UK, as to how long packages are starting to take. I may actually consider not shipping any items at all until after Christmas time if things start getting too bad.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Godcedric

Re: Postal Service undoubtably going to be under great strain again at Christmas

Post by Godcedric »

We will see. I ordered last night for France. ;)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Postal Service undoubtably going to be under great strain again at Christmas

Post by exxos »

Godcedric wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:52 pm We will see. I ordered last night for France. ;)
Please do let us know. I would be surprised if you even get it this year!
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Godcedric

Post by Godcedric »

No problem. ;)
Godcedric

Post by Godcedric »

I received the tracking number. Thank you! It's fast!

If I receive for the end of the year, I dance on the table on December 31! :lol:

More seriously, I have time. Not urgent. ;)
Godcedric

Post by Godcedric »

Hi!

I received the material this afternoon!

Fast!

I'll be installing all of this next week. I come back here when it's ok! ;)

Thank you for everything.

IMG_20211210_213401.jpg
IMG_20211210_213401.jpg (347.94 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:bravo:
LarryL

Post by LarryL »

Hi @exxos

Sorry to bother you with this, but do you think it is normal, that the tracking info from Royal Mail is stuck at this status
Accepted at Post Office
Harvey Road Post Office [DE24 0EL]

Since Nov 28th?
No change so far and nothing arrived

It was a shop order to be delivered to Germany
I know it can take time, esp during year end, but I would have expected that the tracking at least should show some movement during the weeks

Order number is DFF448254CB170305E07C3703E55A022

Thanks and regards
Michael
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

LarryL wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:23 am Hi @exxos

Sorry to bother you with this, but do you think it is normal, that the tracking info from Royal Mail is stuck at this status
Accepted at Post Office
Harvey Road Post Office [DE24 0EL]

Since Nov 28th?
No change so far and nothing arrived

It was a shop order to be delivered to Germany
I know it can take time, esp during year end, but I would have expected that the tracking at least should show some movement during the weeks

Order number is DFF448254CB170305E07C3703E55A022

Thanks and regards
Michael
Whilst I can't specifically talk about how your item was posted, or the tracking type, I can say that it isn't unusual to see an item show as received by the Post Office and then for no updates to appear. Certain types of postal options provide a tracking number, but don't provide live tracking, which usually costs more.

For example, I bought an item on eBay and was provided with a tracking number. When I put the tracking number into the Royal Mail Track and Trace website it simply showed it had been "Accepted at Post Office". There were then no updates until the item actually arrived at my door.

If you have local postal tracking I'd suggest putting your tracking number into that as sometimes when it has left the UK, there are no further Royal Mail updates.

On a side note, there are ongoing postal strikes here and I have experienced delays of 1-2 weeks.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
LarryL

Post by LarryL »

Thanks @rubber_jonnie

I will be patient and just wait a few more weeks

Cheers
Michael

Return to “EXXOS WEBSTORE INFORMATION”