ubeswitch - video adapter.

Various hardware & 3rd party solutions.
ube
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:34 am

Re: ubeswitch - video adapter.

Post by ube » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Audio question though: the 3.5mm jack should "just work" for audio out, right? I've tried on two STs and I get nothing (I've twiddled the knob plenty)
Yes, it should. They're designed to be used with a 3.5mm A/V plug. It should always work with "normal" headphones, can't say anything about Android/iPhone headsets but they will most probably not work since the ring layout is probably different from this design.
master of the bare pcb

stween
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: ubeswitch - video adapter.

Post by stween » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm

ube wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 pm
Audio question though: the 3.5mm jack should "just work" for audio out, right? I've tried on two STs and I get nothing (I've twiddled the knob plenty)
Yes, it should. They're designed to be used with a 3.5mm A/V plug. It should always work with "normal" headphones, can't say anything about Android/iPhone headsets but they will most probably not work since the ring layout is probably different from this design.
That's what I thought. I tried two sets of headphones, one over-ears with only L/R/GND, then some in-ears with a fourth pole for the inline mic. Nada, but I'll poke it again tomorrow.

ube
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:34 am

Re: ubeswitch - video adapter.

Post by ube » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 pm

stween wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm
ube wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 pm


Yes, it should. They're designed to be used with a 3.5mm A/V plug. It should always work with "normal" headphones, can't say anything about Android/iPhone headsets but they will most probably not work since the ring layout is probably different from this design.
That's what I thought. I tried two sets of headphones, one over-ears with only L/R/GND, then some in-ears with a fourth pole for the inline mic. Nada, but I'll poke it again tomorrow.
If you can't get it to work, hit me up either on facebook (messenger) or drop me a PM here, I'll send you a new one if that's the case.
master of the bare pcb

stween
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: ubeswitch - video adapter.

Post by stween » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:34 pm

ube wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 pm
stween wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm

That's what I thought. I tried two sets of headphones, one over-ears with only L/R/GND, then some in-ears with a fourth pole for the inline mic. Nada, but I'll poke it again tomorrow.
If you can't get it to work, hit me up either on facebook (messenger) or drop me a PM here, I'll send you a new one if that's the case.
That's more than generous! I'll shoot you a PM here.

Post Reply

Return to “HARDWARE ESSENTIALS”