Hi! Mark Fixes Stuff from the UK!

New user? Tell us about yourself!
MarkFixesStuff

Hi! Mark Fixes Stuff from the UK!

Post by MarkFixesStuff »

Hi everyone.

I'm Mark and I have a small Youtube channel called Mark Fixes Stuff where I muck about with things that generally don't work etc. I have a massive pile of old games systems, computers etc. People seem to mostly know me for Spectrum stuff, but I love all retro equally. I don't repair things for money and it's not a business!

Currently have about six amiga machines, three (?) STs, five or six Amstrad CPCs, about fifteen Spectrums of various types, Sega, Nintendo, Atari 8 bit, Jaguar, Gamegear, Lynx(es), two 3dos, a couple of CDIs, MegaCDs, ColecoVision, Intellivision, Vectrex, Many C64s, Atari 2600 and 7800, PC Engine. My wife gives it the general term "old crap".

If you care, my youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/markfixesstuff

Really enjoying reading through the posts here and watching the videos!
It's me. Mark from Mark Fixes Stuff on the YouTube thingymajig.

https://www.youtube.com/markfixesstuff - I know... It's patently obvious I don't have a clue! :P
kludge

Re: Hi! Mark Fixes Stuff from the UK!

Post by kludge »

As a fellow newbie here I say: Welcome, Mark!

Watched quite a few of your videos when I was in the process of getting a ZX Spectrum 48k up and running. Never did, though. I might just have to get back up on that particular horse. :)
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
MarkFixesStuff

Post by MarkFixesStuff »

kludge wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:16 am As a fellow newbie here I say: Welcome, Mark!
Thanks kludge!
kludge wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:16 am Watched quite a few of your videos when I was in the process of getting a ZX Spectrum 48k up and running. Never did, though. I might just have to get back up on that particular horse. :)
Yes! Definitely a good idea, and a 48k Spectrum is usually salvageable with a relatively simple fix.

https://www.youtube.com/markfixesstuff - I know... It's patently obvious I don't have a clue! :P
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Welcome to our cozy corner in the interwebz ;)

Some of your videos have been very helpful in fixing my own "toastrack", so thanks a lot for this :)
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
MarkFixesStuff

Post by MarkFixesStuff »

Thanks Ingo!

I've not done much on the toasties due to their relative rarity, but I do know I have a sick one waiting in a package here to be unboxed soon. I can't believe how much they go for these days!!!

Really liking it here. First forum that I've frequented for years and it's nice to step away from the relative dick swinging and trolling of social media. Actual threads with valuable info in them. Who'da thunk it in this day and age!

IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

MarkFixesStuff wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:34 pm I can't believe how much they go for these days!!!
Yep, thats why I went with a broken one for 85 Bucks ;)
MarkFixesStuff wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:34 pm Really liking it here. First forum that I've frequented for years and it's nice to step away from the relative dick swinging and trolling of social media. Actual threads with valuable info in them. Who'da thunk it in this day and age!
Most of us here feel the same way. If you wander around in other forums, especially Atari related ones, you really get the impression that everyone is more or less nuts. Exxos and the mods here, we try our best to keep up a good vibe and so far it seems to work. Still nuts, but in a good way :-P
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Welcome Mark,

This is the only forum I post in, am a member of others, so I can "download" some of the atari stuff but too many ego's over there for me. Over here its casual, informative, with the odd disagreement, not the other round :D
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

IngoQ wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:06 pm
MarkFixesStuff wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:34 pm Really liking it here. First forum that I've frequented for years and it's nice to step away from the relative dick swinging and trolling of social media. Actual threads with valuable info in them. Who'da thunk it in this day and age!
Most of us here feel the same way. If you wander around in other forums, especially Atari related ones, you really get the impression that everyone is more or less nuts. Exxos and the mods here, we try our best to keep up a good vibe and so far it seems to work. Still nuts, but in a good way :-P
exxos never claimed exxos was sane, but we try to keep good clean forum with good vibes going here :)

:welcomewave:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
MarkFixesStuff

Post by MarkFixesStuff »

exxos wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:26 pm exxos never claimed exxos was sane, but we try to keep good clean forum with good vibes going here :)
Sanity is a lie that insane people tell other insane people in order to win arguments :P

Thanks for having me here. I like it.

redhawk668

Post by redhawk668 »

Welcome here, I've watched some of your Youtube stuff and find them quite entertaining :D. I also am a big fan of the Speccy, the Atari ST, C64, ehrmm, let's say that I like fixing/soldering retro stuff.
My collection: 1040 STE, TOS 2.06, 4 mb, CosmosEx - 520 STFM, TOS 1.04, 4 mb, Blitter, CosmosEx - 520 STFM, TOS 1.04, 4 mb - 1040 STF, TOS 1.04, 1 mb, Gotek - Amiga 1200 with Blizzard 1220/4 - Amiga 500 + ACA500 - Amiga 500 + TF530, 1 mb chipram hack.

Atari 8 bit: 800XLF, stock - 600XL, Ultimate 1 mb, Sophia RGB - 130XE, 320 kb, Sophia RGB

Sinclair stuff: 3x Spectrum 48KB, Clones: Harlequin, JS128, Nuvo128 and Issue3B replica.

Ultimate64, a few C64 breadbins and Pi1541 for storage.

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”