DiagROM for ST

DiagROM software & help

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

PaulJ

Re: DiagROM for ST

Post by PaulJ »

Heres the beginning and end of the file. I am burning it into a 27C4096 16 bit eprom. Looks fine to me. Compared it to a TOS 1.04 image and in both the text is readable. I didn't see any way to upload a binary.. :) :)
__UT.jpg
__UT.jpg (242.79 KiB) Viewed 6360 times
__UT2.jpg
__UT2.jpg (157.97 KiB) Viewed 6360 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

not sure how your setup is working but I had to byteswap the rom image to get it to work on the Amiga. My ST setup has hi and lo roms.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I'm burning the file as is into a 16 bit eprom. I do the same for TOS which I have compared to. Both files have the text readable which means both files are not byte swapped. I have done a byte swap and attempted execution with the same results. Out of curiousity what did you use to assemble the code? This is really strange..has to be something stupid...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

It was assembled with vasm. The code is assembly anyway.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Try using the rom with Hatari before going any further
———
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Good idea, I'll give it a try.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Hmmm.. didn't expect that... works fine with Hatari.. well at least I know I'm working with a functional image... and good hardware.. hmmm guess I'll have to figure this one out.
DM.jpg
DM.jpg (58.17 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Exxos, out of curiosity does your fast rom adaptor have the high byte in the most significant byte of the word? Guess its time to try 8 bit roms.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:17 pm Exxos, out of curiosity does your fast rom adaptor have the high byte in the most significant byte of the word? Guess its time to try 8 bit roms.
Low bytes are first. So it goes LO HI LO HI. Nothing has been swapped out with them.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Yes, that what I would expect.

The actual memory dump from DiagROM on Hatari looks just like the image which I would expect.
DR2.jpg
DR2.jpg (209.42 KiB) Viewed 6423 times
Just looked through my roms for a 128k, 256k 120ns or better and came up short. Only roms I found were 200ns. Don't think that will cut it. Have to put some on order.

Return to “DiagROM”