REV H1 information and interest

Topic for users to share their building progress.
Xyla

Re: REV H1 information and interest

Post by Xyla »

Hi, I'm new on this forum but I've been buying Exxos' great Atari products for a little while now.

I would like to get in on this project if I still can... please put me down for 2 boards.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Xyla wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 am Hi, I'm new on this forum but I've been buying Exxos' great Atari products for a little while now.

I would like to get in on this project if I still can... please put me down for 2 boards.
:welcomewave:

Added.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

I'd be very interested in one as well...but I'm not sure my soldering skills are up to the job just yet. :roll:

Put me down for one to support the development and I'll hope to either improve my technique or find someone to help sort it. ;)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

JezC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:43 pm I'd be very interested in one as well...but I'm not sure my soldering skills are up to the job just yet. :roll:

Put me down for one to support the development and I'll hope to either improve my technique or find someone to help sort it. ;)
Added

It's a good way to polish your soldering skills. Mine was pretty shaky when I started the ALPHA, it has come on a long way since then but I still make a mess now and again (especially with this lead free solder) :oops:

There will be plenty of help on this forum when the madness starts on this board :)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:55 pm It's a good way to polish your soldering skills. Mine was pretty shaky when I started the ALPHA, it has come on a long way since then but I still make a mess now and again (especially with this lead free solder) :oops:
Icky, maybe you should deep six the no-lead solder, I'll send you some premium leaded solder, and we can then refer to you as Neaty!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Of course you would need a new Caricature. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Hey maybe we could start a black market in leaded solder!!! :) :) :)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:45 pm Hey maybe we could start a black market in leaded solder!!! :) :) :)
Thats an idea PaulJ. Now you have a project :)
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Is there an American equivalent of Del boy?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:44 pm
Icky wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:55 pm It's a good way to polish your soldering skills. Mine was pretty shaky when I started the ALPHA, it has come on a long way since then but I still make a mess now and again (especially with this lead free solder) :oops:
Icky, maybe you should deep six the no-lead solder, I'll send you some premium leaded solder, and we can then refer to you as Neaty!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Of course you would need a new Caricature. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BUT may be I am hiding my really bad soldering behind the lead free stuff :roll:

On the other hand if my soldering improves my Caricature would have to be (see if anyone gets the reference):

dscf11691.jpg
dscf11691.jpg (5.3 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Is that Mr Ben?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”