Sales Thread (TF330 Bare Boards)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Sales Thread (TF330 Bare Boards)

Post by terriblefire »

An apology to anyone who ordered since last Thursday. I’ve not managed to get stuff posted due to Easter etc. Will get everything posted tonight
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

All boards posted. Message me if you are after some.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

13 boards left after posting everyones. :)

EDIT: Sorry all gone. More on order
———
Error42

Post by Error42 »

Hi Stephen, I'd be interested in one of the TF330 boards when they become available again.
I've also got to get hold of a riser too, but I know that's not your department :-)
dalek

Post by dalek »

My boards (2x TF330 and 2x TF534) arrived safely in Australia. Sexy matte black TF330 here we come :)
dalek

Post by dalek »

I noticed on the 2 TF330 matte black boards that the edge connector is not beveled (unlike the TF328 boards I received from Stephen that were beveled).

Has anyone tried inserting cards with non-beveled edges? I recall it could break pins on the riser. Best way to home bevel would be sandpaper?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I’ve tried and tried to get board houses to do this and they don’t. Alenppc and I have had lots of fights with all the board houses...

I’ve never had issues without the bevel but I know some have. Fine sandpaper and a jig is the best way
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

You definitely should file the edge or you'll break the connector sooner or later. I was doing it with a knife for a while but ended up accidentally damaging some boards, now I use the dull (outer) scissor edge and it seems to do the trick without damage.
dalek

Post by dalek »

Thanks for the tips, but I think now I'm scared! I'll definitely sand and/or file them down (before building!)
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Stephen and I experimented with adding 0.7 mm to the card edge past the connector and this definitely makes filing them a bit easier - of course ideally the board house would do it but for some reason they keep ignoring instructions... I sent quality complaints but all they amount to is "we'll be more careful next time"...

Return to “TF330”