Megabus to 68000 socket adaptor

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
PhilC

Megabus to 68000 socket adaptor

Post by PhilC »

Hi All,

Well I got bored of doing the adaptor the breadboard way, so fired up Eagle tonight and did the adaptor on there.

The idea is initially just to see if it will work. Why? I wanted to see if Icky and exxos's IDE adaptor will work when plugged into the Megabus since I know it works fine in the CPU socket.

Then once I've got that working, I'm looking at making Megabus to TOS rom switcher and various other ideas.

Of course the other thing that might be cool, is that on the Mongrel ST Remake, exxos has put 4 CPU sockets onto the schematic. I've essentially hijacked his Idea and given myself a one socket expansion port for my Mega.

Anyway, its all just for fun but what do you all think so far? All comments accepted and if it works out I'll probably make a couple of them for testing purposes.
Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.34.20.png
Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 21.34.20.png (346.16 KiB) Viewed 3584 times
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
PhilC

Re: Megabus to 68000 socket adaptor

Post by PhilC »

Oops,helps if you put the circuit on the right side of the PCB. You can tell I don't use Eagle very often.
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 22.18.05.png
Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 22.18.05.png (361.21 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PhilC wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 pm I've essentially hijacked his Idea and given myself a one socket expansion port for my Mega.
Dang it, knew I should have patented it!
PhilC wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 pm Anyway, its all just for fun but what do you all think so far? All comments accepted and if it works out I'll probably make a couple of them for testing purposes.
One thing which should be mandatory when dealing with MHz stuff is a solid layer for a gnd and 5v. Normally routing is done on 2 layers like you seems to have, then a layer for power (4 total layers) Also put caps on the power rails.. Something like 1uF minimum 0805 or 1206 ceramic etc.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Cool, thanks.

The idea at first is to make one board the toner transfer method and then if it works to do as you've suggested but maybe including a couple of other things on it for my first order from JLC.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

pcb.jpg
pcb.jpg (112.28 KiB) Viewed 3527 times
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Thank you, very good piece of information. Will at least angle the corners when I start up Eagle later on,

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”