TF330 Gerbers leaked?

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

nicus101

Re: TF330 Gerbers leaked?

Post by nicus101 »

I was on retro party this weekend with my CD32 + TF330 made by supaduper (he did amazing work) and i got many questions about this available for A1200 so maybe when it gets ported there will be chance to use cplds on this version also the TF360 info would make ppl wait too (probably id wait for it too as i still got ProModule for CD32 with 8mb ram)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The Tf360 is still 9 months away, maybe more.... and it’s not like the TF330 is that expensive.. it’s the cheapest 030 card for any Amiga....

The CPLDs are not the same on the TF330 and everything there is subject to change. Even whether I release it at all. I may decide the Rev 1 version of the board is for the A4000.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I’d also point out to people that frequently moan that there isn’t any cheap hardware available for the Amiga that if guys like Supaduper and AlenPPC lose interest because nobody buys the stuff that’s available (not just my stuff... generally) then they aren’t going to keep doing this long term.

If you want to keep the builder community alive buy what’s available. Otherwise these guys will go away.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

There's always a bit of a risk when deciding to bulk build these boards - you gotta buy parts in larger quantities to get a little bit more sensible pricing and there is risk when buying parts from China also. For the 328 I spent a few sleepless nights negotiating the details for RAM delivery (it was necessary due to language/time zone barriers), for the 330 I got a whole bunch of fake CPUs... there were other minor things, but on the whole it was a learning process...

I don't mind all of this, it is a lot of fun for me building these boards even if it tied my weekends. I don't even mind offering support and helping people install the products. Replacing the "lost" orders. Writing letters to German customs. All that is fine.

What I mind is occasional abuse that I get either on forums or from buyers who go way beyond resonable expectations, who don't realize that there are things out of my control such as postage/ebay/paypal fees, customs processing dates. I cannot possibly test every single piece of software ever written. I am not an international forwarding house (there are legitimate businesses that do that), and so on.

Anyway, apologies for the rant. It was a rough few weeks.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Completely understand. And without guys like yourself my boards wouldn’t exist. It’s appreciated.

I feel like the pain is shared across multiple shoulders now. I’ve just shelled out 300 for a replacement Logic analyser... and I can’t really afford it right now.

I was hoping selling more TF330s would keep the TF360 ball rolling but I guess it’ll need to slow down for a bit.
———
go0se

Post by go0se »

Well I'm waiting in the wings to buy half a logic analyser's worth of 330 PCBs once the new batch arrives...

I reason that TF is either going to spend the money on prototyping new boards or buying alcohol, either way I feel it's going to a good cause! ;)
nicus101

Post by nicus101 »

terriblefire wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:20 pm The Tf360 is still 9 months away, maybe more.... and it’s not like the TF330 is that expensive.. it’s the cheapest 030 card for any Amiga....
Ppl waited many years most of them can wait another one or two :) for me waiting a year isnt long and im considering buying one when its done also im spending my wait time designing new 3D printed cover for riser with external CF2IDE and if space allows some air tunnels for a fan that will blow inside CD32 case as my 030 with small radiator got so hot i could keep my finger on it for maybe 10s (there was 30C inside our party building).
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Would be unfortunate if nobody wanted to build them though.
———
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Well, have built the whole TF range, and haven't planned to drop, still have fun doing it :ugeek:
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Born to Build LoL, I will churn out what I can for as long as there is Terrible Fire :)

I even still have interest from the community in the TF328, so the fire still burns :D

Return to “TF330”