Flashy Clock - Yet another DEV board

All the good stuff hardware and software wise for the Phoenix H5 series motherboards.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flashy Clock - Yet another DEV board

Post by exxos »

Great work!

:bravo: :coolpics:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

That's a pretty good size reduction :dualthumbup:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Made one of the v3 boards yesterday and am building another today for Exxos so we can do initial tests and firmware.

Looks pretty small in the STFM. No stacking sockets.

IMG_4252.jpg
IMG_4252.jpg (122 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Looking at that pic on my phone, I couldn't see the hoard without zooming in!
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Pretty cool Icky. Looks great! :) :) :)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Here is the first cut at an .ttp app that handles most clock capabilities. Also there is a stcs.prg to drop in the auto folder to set the st date/time based on the clock.

Clock.ttp and stcs.prg should both clear hung clock chips instead of removing the battery and waiting. At this time it only handles the clocks binary mode. On the main menu it will tell you which mode the chip is in, binary or bcd. If the chip is in bcd mode you will need to re-init to put everything into binary.

Option five which displays all the registers 0-127 will not allow the user to change 0-13. These are control/clock registers that are handled by the programs other commands. You can drive over these locations but you are unable to change them.

I'm sure there are still issues but its pretty functional at this point. Needs some changes to make it more consistant but good enough to give it a test run. Report issues and I'll get them fixed. :) :) :)

CLOCK.TTP.zip
(10.15 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
STCS.PRG.zip
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:21 pm Here is the first cut at an .ttp app that handles most clock capabilities. Also there is a stcs.prg to drop in the auto folder to set the st date/time based on the clock.

Clock.ttp and stcs.prg should both clear hung clock chips instead of removing the battery and waiting. At this time it only handles the clocks binary mode. On the main menu it will tell you which mode the chip is in, binary or bcd. If the chip is in bcd mode you will need to re-init to put everything into binary.

Option five which displays all the registers 0-127 will not allow the user to change 0-13. These are control/clock registers that are handled by the programs other commands. You can drive over these locations but you are unable to change them.

I'm sure there are still issues but its pretty functional at this point. Needs some changes to make it more consistant but good enough to give it a test run. Report issues and I'll get them fixed. :) :) :)
:bravo: - Nice to see software being developed for these boards. All the more important for the STF remake. The auto folder version will be very useful.

Will have a play a little later as I am currently debugging the v3 board.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Prepare for breakage.

P.s. well done
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I expect some breakage.. you can only run it so much before you start loosing your mind. :headbang: Plan changing the nv edit termination to just hit return or esc. But its just an extra return for now. Give it hell Phil.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Fixed a couple little things. Pm indicator in option 8 didn't work when clock was in AM-PM mode. Removed some debug code in option5.
Also if the clock is in AM-PM mode and its pm it will set the st as if its AM. Will fix this one tomorrow.
CLOCK.TTP.zip
(10.13 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Return to “PHOENIX ZONE”