The TF536 arrives

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: The TF536 arrives

Post by terriblefire »

It doesnt clear the roms on my A2000 without a bit of height...

But in any case the A2000 is not the target machine and its not officially supported (although i'll usually do a quick test). Is the A500 which needs a relocator and height.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

@alenppc has his TF536 back finally. Hopefully some reports soon.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
kludge

Post by kludge »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 pm @alenppc has his TF536 back finally. Hopefully some reports soon.
Holy fudge that took ages!
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Tested it tonight for about 30 mins. Big improvement!
It’s still not completely stable for me but much much better than before. I run frontier for a while, doom in a window on workbench and novacoder’s wolf3D ECS port. I get crashes from time to time but I only tried one cpu and for a relatively short time. It might work better with a different one.

Time permitting I am going to test a bit more in-depth tomorrow and hopefully build a second one.
Dano

Post by Dano »

Hi all,
New to the forum, this card sounds like a treat for my A500 and A500+.
Thanks TF for all your hard work in developing these accelerators. :thumbup:
Hopefully it will get off the ground and get through the beta testing.
alenppc wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:01 am Time permitting I am going to test a bit more in-depth tomorrow and hopefully build a second one.

Good luck with your testing :coffee:

Damn Koalas are grunting like mad outside the window tonight mating season :poke:
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

alenppc wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:01 am Tested it tonight for about 30 mins. Big improvement!
It’s still not completely stable for me but much much better than before. I run frontier for a while, doom in a window on workbench and novacoder’s wolf3D ECS port. I get crashes from time to time but I only tried one cpu and for a relatively short time. It might work better with a different one.

Time permitting I am going to test a bit more in-depth tomorrow and hopefully build a second one.
That is good news :)
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
go0se

Post by go0se »

Hi Alen,

Can I ask what version(s) of Kickstart you are running on your 500/+?

When building some TF534s previously I had issues very like the ones you describe when running 37.175 on an A500 and A500+. The cards themselves all checked out ok with Diagrom but when the kick ROM was swapped out they all booted ok but crashed or developed graphic corruption after a short while - anything from 2-10 mins usually on AmigaTestKit or booting a game.

When I swapped out the Kickstart for 37.350 the problems disappeared.

I appreciate the 534 and 536 are very different but if you have the facility to swap out the ROM it might be worth a try if you're currently on an earlier version of Kickstart to see if it makes any difference to the issues?

For the record the 37.350 ROM I was running was on an AM27C400 120DC EPROM, The 37.175 was a stock MX ROM.

If the other Beta testers could chip in with what versions of Kickstart they are running that might be interesting?

Apologies if this has already been covered.

Cheers.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

go0se wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:41 pm
Apologies if this has already been covered.

Cheers.
I pretty much only test with KS 3.1.

I havent tested much on the A500 with this board. Its been mostly the CDTV. It might be ATA timings.. Its very odd. I ran Alen's TF536 for hours and no crashes. :/
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I am running 40.68 for the moment.

The issues are a bit different this time. If I boot to Wb, run Wolf3D, then quit, try frontier (whd) and it craps out. hit retry a few times and it works again.

I get an occasional crash or freeze but nothing that a reboot won’t solve. So overall it definitely works now, it’s just a few things I need to figure out. Maybe it’s just my A500.

Also I am having trouble getting any 33 MHz CPU to work reliably. The most stable one is the gold genuine 50 MHz one.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 am I am running 40.68 for the moment.

The issues are a bit different this time. If I boot to Wb, run Wolf3D, then quit, try frontier (whd) and it craps out. hit retry a few times and it works again.

I get an occasional crash or freeze but nothing that a reboot won’t solve. So overall it definitely works now, it’s just a few things I need to figure out. Maybe it’s just my A500.

Also I am having trouble getting any 33 MHz CPU to work reliably. The most stable one is the gold genuine 50 MHz one.
ok there are things i can try now with this.
———

Return to “TF536”